Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught a big fat skunk!! I was only able to stay for about 1.5 hours. I got there about 3:30 and there was only one other person on the entire lake. I had a previous engagement @ 5 so I had to take off around 4:45. I tossed out a blue fox, a jake, a wooley bugger, and a ghost minnow and got no love! I usually have quite a bit of success at Tibble and rarely get skunked there. I don't feel too bad due to the fact that I was only able to stay for hour, but it still sucks not pulling anything in.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey goose, welcome to the very exclusive bronze member club!!!! There's only three of us so far, so it's like we're a little brotherhood. Those snobbish diamond members think they're so much better than us, but I like us just fine! :wink:

As for Tibble, I've been skunked there everytime I've gone. Of course, I've only been there three times but I just don't have the feel for trout or Tibble, so as a fellow Bronzer I offer my condolences. Sounds like you usually do fairly well though, so I'm sure you'll get 'em next time!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I have ridden up at tibble fork before but only fished the upper lake 2x I think it is called silver lake. Once skunked not even a taker, the second trip small brooks and browns by the inlet. Great looking senery but not a fantastic fishery from what I have read. But that is why they call it fishing and not catching. Remember a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. Well thats all the corny sayings I can come up with this morning, good to hear you got out!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Boy, I have a lot of posting to do to reach the lofty citadel of Bronze Member. I don't have enough insightful things to say, though. Most of the time, people (mainly my wife) encourage me to shut up.

I have a little secret on Tibble Fork that almost always erases the skunked feeling. I tie some dark thread up and down the shank of a small dry fly hook (sizes #20-24 - that's small for me). That's it - it takes thirty seconds to tie, whip-finish, and glue. Using a fly rod (floating line) or a spinning rod-clear bobber setup, the little guys can't resist, especially if they are taking anything on or near the top. Reel or strip slowly, and you will find yourself catching fish.

·
Registered
348 Posts
HighLakesDrifter said:
Boy, I have a lot of posting to do to reach the lofty citadel of Bronze Member.
Nah, you don't have to post a lot at all. All you have to do is donate $5 to keep this thing going. If you want, just look at the list on the far left of your screen, just above the big circle of the Forum archive, and you can follow that link entitled Donate/advertise and become a bronze, or even a snooty diamond member in no time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually have had 3 or 4 20 plus fishing catching trips to Tibble! For the most part it has treated me right. Not to mention I got engaged to my wife there!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Brothers for life is right!!! I'd seal that in blood, but you know with the blood born pathagens these days, and we don't really know eachother and all...

Well it sounds like Tibble has treated you a heck of a lot better than me!!! You can't beat a 20 plus fishing day for trout so that's awesome. Of course, it got back at you by making you blunder headed and now you're stuck with a wife, so I guess it all evened out. :wink: Naw, I'm just kidding. That makes it even cooler for you and a place that'll be special for the rest of your life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts