Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tips or tricks would you pass down to others?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I mark my pole at 4" intervals for quick, easy measurements.
I carry my forceps and scissors on a lanyard around my neck for easy access.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Pull your socks over your pants before you put your waders on. This stops your pants from crawlling up your legs as you put the waders on.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Using a float tube????? It gives you mobility to get into areas a boat can't and forces ya to fish slower and better. :wink: I agree to the previous tips and use em. I'll have to think about this subject. After 74 yrs. I must have some. :?
Leaky

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Don't be afraid to think outside the box.... sometimes what everyone else is using isn't always the best thing to get you on fish that day. Experimentation sometimes pays off big. Oh, instead of stretching out your socks, get some elastic bands with velcro on the end for your pants legs.... they're like two bucks at Walmart. :wink: That way, your pants stay down and the wife doesn't yell at you for ruining your socks. :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I keep a small used lotion bottle full of sun screen in my tackle box. Skin cancer is not a fun way to go out! 8)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hooking Whitefish in the tail makes them fight much harder! :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
When going for cats dont be afraid to put a four inch piece of meat (white bass, carp)on a big trebble hook. That way the little muds wont mess with it. You will go big or go home. Thats the way I like it. I might have a second rod with a worm on it till I have to swim for the other. Because those big boys (cats) dont hit like little girls.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If you find yourself in a "bind." Your sock will double as toilet paper. Your sock also becomes disposable at that point. Believe me... It's better than walking a few miles with monkey butt.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
cheech said:
If you find yourself in a "bind." Your sock will double as toilet paper. Your sock also becomes disposable at that point. Believe me... It's better than walking a few miles with monkey butt.
Cheech that is pure gold for wilderness advice! That is way we cary baby wipes in the wheelers sure makes a wilderness duce a lot cleaner!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I always sing a song while fishing and it goes something like this,

Come on little fishie,fishie,fishie.
Come on little fishie, bit my line.

sometimes it works, sometimes they just look at you funny and swim off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts