Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the maroon dodge on the 9 mile unit... I have pics of your truck parked on our private land and have already sent them to the county sheriff. We didn't find you and you snuck out while we were chain sawing, but next time your truck is there we will be getting it towed and sending you the bill. Also, if you're the tool that stole our trail cameras on our private land feel free to jump off the nearest cliff.

It just drives me nuts when somebody blatantly poaches on private land. Plus, stealing cameras from someone's private land is about as low as it gets. Even the camera right in front of the cabin.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
In the maroon dodge on the 9 mile unit... I have pics of your truck parked on our private land and have already sent them to the county sheriff. We didn't find you and you snuck out while we were chain sawing, but next time your truck is there we will be getting it towed and sending you the bill. Also, if you're the tool that stole our trail cameras on our private land feel free to jump off the nearest cliff.

It just drives me nuts when somebody blatantly poaches on private land. Plus, stealing cameras from someone's private land is about as low as it gets. Even the camera right in front of the cabin.
Well at least they weren't tailgating you.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Or just yank the entire stem out of the wheel with a pair of vise grips.
And get charged with vandalism.
I had a landowner once cut every wire and cable on my atv after he "thought" I was poaching on his property.
He was charged with criminal mischief and paid for my atv to get fixed.
The judge told him that if I would have fallen and injured myself while hiking out in the dark, I could have sued him for a portion of his property.
So be careful in your tactics.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts

Keep a pad and pencil in your vehicle and write the offender a note and put it on their windshield wiper. We used to have folks park at our place and launch boats after we decommissioned the marina when grandpa died. Normally a note once kept them out but there were a few jackwagons so we ended up putting up a gate. One guy got pretty rude after a nice note advising him the marina wasn't in operation anymore and it was private property. My dad saw his truck in town and waited for him then politely told him that he didn't appreciate having MF-er written on his truck when we left a very nice note. Dad also advised him that if his truck was ever parked on our property again he would be welcome to fish it out of the bottom of the bayou where it would be resting....never saw it again.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Better make sure to call the sheriff from a pay phone, so you don't get caught.
And get charged with vandalism.
I had a landowner once cut every wire and cable on my atv after he "thought" I was poaching on his property.
He was charged with criminal mischief and paid for my atv to get fixed.
The judge told him that if I would have fallen and injured myself while hiking out in the dark, I could have sued him for a portion of his property.
So be careful in your tactics.
I was simply saying it's easier with vise grips or pliers, I used to bust tires at a shop back in college and was much quicker than using the actual tool designed for it. I fully believe in karma, and those who are boneheads in life do get what they deserve one way or another through their own actions.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, as much as vandalism appeals to pay back these sumbitches we do recognize that crosses a line. Hence our idea of building a log corral around it. We definitely thought about the note option but had no paper with us. My brother did suggest keying it in... But we opted not to

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Pulling the valve stems, letting the air out, and putting the valve stems back in is vandalism, but it is hardly prosecutable, there is no way to value the "vandalism". I have done this in the presence of Law enforcement(They claim they never saw it). When the crooks returned for their vehicle the flat tires gave LE enough time to catch them.

I'm guessing they took the cameras after realizing they had been photographed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Next time just jack the truck up (you should have a jack in yours) and place some logs under it to keep all four tires off the ground! I've seen this done with hay bales and stacks of newspapers as well (usually in a parking lot though) very funny to see the confusion as to why their car doesn't move [wheels just barely off the ground].

·
Registered
248 Posts
Next time just jack the truck up (you should have a jack in yours) and place some logs under it to keep all four tires off the ground! I've seen this done with hay bales and stacks of newspapers as well (usually in a parking lot though) very funny to see the confusion as to why their car doesn't move [wheels just barely off the ground].
And No, I haven't tried this yet; just seen it after!

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
Its not mischief... its litter clean up, someone abandoned a vehicle on their property. They are just cleaning up, hauling stuff to the dump... starting with the valve guts. :mrgreen:

-DallanC

1 - 20 of 25 Posts