Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently.
“Apparently” my original post upset you???? Just trying to see if someone local to the Logan area that has experience with hunting Sandhills in that area might be interested in an airboat hunt for swans or mallards in my area. We could work out a trade. That obviously isn’t you so you should learn to scroll on by.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
“Apparently” my original post upset you???? Just trying to see if someone local to the Logan area that has experience with hunting Sandhills in that area might be interested in an airboat hunt for swans or mallards in my area. We could work out a trade. That obviously isn’t you so you should learn to scroll on by.
You couldn’t find any takers on Facebook so the forums was your next thing to try?

ever considered looking in to walk in access areas??? Or is that too much work on your part?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You’re a troll! You have no idea about me, how hard I work, how successful I may or may not be. You jump to conclusions and make assumptions. You’re wrong, but YOU think you’re right and that’s all that matters to you. Keep on scrolling. I’m not interested in your advice.

·
Administrator
11,092 Posts
Moose, lets take it easy on new members and those asking for help.

If you don't want to help them then it is fine, don't help but your post such as the ones above serve zero function on this forum. We all know how you feel about new members asking for help.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You’re a troll! You have no idea about me, how hard I work, how successful I may or may not be. You jump to conclusions and make assumptions. You’re wrong, but YOU think you’re right and that’s all that matters to you. Keep on scrolling. I’m not interested in your advice.
You don’t work that hard if you aren’t willing to take 15 minutes and research very accessible information available on the internet for hunting options available to the public.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
lol.. I'm an old member and still look for help on occasion. Research in all forms is okay I reckon, especially now days.

Sounds like a decent offer Scott, best of luck. I'd take you up on it since I drew a swan unfortunately I have no advice on Cache crane. I kind of have the same challenge as I drew East Box Elder crane for the first time.

Take care.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

If you don't want to help them then it is fine, don't help but your post such as the ones above serve zero function on this forum. We all know how you feel about new members asking for help.
You’re right. But if this guy had put in half as much time actually looking up public hunting areas and options as he has posting on every platform he can find, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol.. I'm an old member and still look for help on occasion. Research in all forms is okay I reckon, especially now days.

Sounds like a decent offer Scott, best of luck. I'd take you up on it since I drew a swan unfortunately I have no advice on Cache crane. I kind of have the same challenge as I drew East Box Elder crane for the first time.

Take care.
If you’re interested in a layout boat hunt for swans, hit me up. I’ve got a good spot only accessible by airboat. I’d be glad to take you.

·
Administrator
21,916 Posts

Well said. Everyone has varying degrees of commitment when it comes to pursuing outdoor activities and we should respect that and offer our help if we can.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I wish I had info on this hunt just to ruffle Moose's feathers if for nothing else! Coming here and not just asking for free help, but offering a great trade is a far cry from the masses who "don't want anybody's honey hole" but really want exactly that. Good luck man!
You can’t ruffle my feathers on this topic because literally all the info he needs, is available with a little effort that doesn’t require asking for someone else’s honey hole. The only reason he’s offering an airboat hunt is because, well, not that many people have airboat’s and those people likely won’t end up in his spot again without him taking them there… plus, swan hunting on the actual GSL is more like a snipe hunt. Even more so now that there really isn’t much for fresh water marshes where they used to go hang out, in what little time they did spend out there. the spur is all but dry now.

I do commend the guy for offering a trade, but this is at least the 3rd post I’ve seen him make about This. I guess I’m just tired of seeing guys run to social media AFTER they draw a tag and not before.

here’s another hint for the OP. Has it ever crossed your mind to drag your airboat up to cutler for a crane….? 🤔

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
You can’t ruffle my feathers on this topic because literally all the info he needs, is available with a little effort that doesn’t require asking for someone else’s honey hole. The only reason he’s offering an airboat hunt is because, well, not that many people have airboat’s and those people likely won’t end up in his spot again without him taking them there… plus, swan hunting on the actual GSL is more like a snipe hunt. Even more so now that there really isn’t much for fresh water marshes where they used to go hang out, in what little time they did spend out there. the spur is all but dry now.

I do commend the guy for offering a trade, but this is at least the 3rd post I’ve seen him make about This. I guess I’m just tired of seeing guys run to social media AFTER they draw a tag and not before.

here’s another hint for the OP. Has it ever crossed your mind to drag your airboat up to cutler for a crane….? 🤔
So he has an offer that would allow somebody who doesn't normally have the opportunity to experience a hunt that requires specialized equipment that is cost prohibitive for many people to obtain on their own, but it doesn't really count as him offering a good thing because whoever takes him up on it isn't likely to end up competing for his spot. My my my, what a world.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

MooseMeat, you should do a little better research. I have made exactly 1 thread EVER about this. Please share what it is that you keep talking about? Please show me the 3 posts that have you so upset?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
MooseMeat, you should do a little better research. I have made exactly 1 thread EVER about this. Please share what it is that you keep talking about? Please show me the 3 posts that have you so upset?
You think the UWN is the only place on the entire internet that discusses hunting? The 1 “post” got nuked because guys gave you a hard time for the same reasons. And I can’t remember which page had the other post

1 - 20 of 27 Posts