Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anybody has any tips for trail cameras, im setting it up on a water source/wallow and need some tips

·
Super Moderator
9,415 Posts
Every situation is going to be different.

You can usually just look at all the rest of the tail camera around that water source and then make your decision from there.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hey just wondering if anybody has any tips for trail cameras, im setting it up on a water source/wallow and need some tips
there have been a lot of topics about this on here. generally... point it north, put it out of reach or hide it, use salt near by but not in the water, wallows get more use when it's hot (much less use when it's frozen in the middle of winter)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I would tie a rock to the camera and then toss it into the water. Imagine the you tube subscribers you could get with never before seen under water footage!!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds as if they could all be banned. Might want to wait until the dust settles before investing time and money into them.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I have ventured to the dark side, and purchased a couple. They probably won't be used on public -- but they are fun out here at the house! I usually fill them up with the dogs (mine, neighbors), but have recently had a fox and coyote show up on the cams. Next summer I should see some deer.

One of my cameras (stealth) kind of sucks. The pictures are really bad. The other two take nice pictures, but the sensitivity is really high -- I load them up with waving grass and moving shadows, clouds, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts