Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went up tonight to check my trail cam and low and behold some a**hole decided they wanted to take it, I have had it there for 3 years with no problems this is the first, has anybody had this bad luck also?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Your not alone....... I had my first one stolen. Haven't had anyone mess with mine since, of course I put them in less traveled places these days and do a better job locking them up. Still sucks-sorry...........

·
Registered
135 Posts
What a TOOL!!! **O** Wouldn't you love to just catch them in the act one time and show them how a shed antler feels up their a$$!! :twisted: :twisted: That sucks!

·
Registered
812 Posts
snobiller22 said:
What a TOOL!!! **O** Wouldn't you love to just catch them in the act one time and show them how a shed antler feels up their a$$!! :twisted: :twisted: That sucks!
why ruin a perfeclty good shed antler. i am sure a prickley pear cactus is around somewhere nearby. that totally sucks about yor trail cam.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I have a few cameras that I found that I would be willing to sell you guys for cheap. Let me know. Some idiot just left them stuck to a tree. Go figure? :p :lol: :rotfl: *()* -/O\-

·
Registered
752 Posts
Set a cam up for a cam that you have gutted and taken a crap in! That should make for some good pics! I've had a camera walk off as well. Unfortunatley, it's almost expected to happen if it's in a place someone else can see it. :(

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
man that sucks, i don't understand why people cant leave other people's stuff alone... I will admit that if i had come across it you would have a picture of my A$$ as a memento .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT*** especially you BOW HUNTER now that i know who you are.... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
As dumb as it sounds; isn't it illegal to post a cam on publlic property? I believe it is, and therefore I believe these cameras may fall victim to the same issue as many tree stands where many people feel justified in taking them,,,,rumor has it that the USFS has a garage full of tree stands????? I would guess that the USFS is not the perp, rather loser hunters, my $0.02.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
One of the news channels just had a piece on trailcams. I believe it was the final comment that you have to chain them down because people will steal them. It is to bad people can't /won't leave things alone. :evil:

·
Registered
390 Posts
here is the segment that Channel 5 showed last night http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1954032

Huge29 said:
As dumb as it sounds; isn't it illegal to post a cam on publlic property? I believe it is, and therefore I believe these cameras may fall victim to the same issue as many tree stands where many people feel justified in taking them,,,,rumor has it that the USFS has a garage full of tree stands????? I would guess that the USFS is not the perp, rather loser hunters, my $0.02.
Nope not illegal.... (from the news article) "Trail-cams are illegal in a designated wilderness. On public land you need permission from the appropriate agency."

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
it is your fellow hunting buddies taking the cameras

1 - 15 of 15 Posts