Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Trail Camera

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dkhntrdstn 
#1 ·
Has any one used these need some advise on resonable price and bang for my buck

#2 ·
I do not own one yet, but have friends that do. My recommendation would be if you are planning on using one on public ground, or in an area with moderate or greater traffic, but a simple, inexpensive unit, and disguise it as best as possible.

Primos and Bushnell have a model on Amazon for $60 each. I personally plan to buy 2-3 of the cheaper ones rather than spending upwards of $200 or more on the nicer ones. The basic functions of the cheap ones are adequate for scouting and then it doesn't hurt as bad if it walks off.

#3 ·
I have 2 of the moultrie a-5 and they are decent. I have one of the the 2013 models and one of the 2015 models. They put out a decent picture and they are reasonably priced. I was able to buy cables for both of them with the money i saved. Every now and then i do get an odd contrast on a photo usually in direct sunlight.

Plus i just use a micro sd with an adapter so i can pull the micro sd and put it in my phone and check it on the spot

My father does have a nicer bushnell that does seem to have better range and picture quality but for double the price of the cheaper cameras

#4 ·
I have 5 cams and haven't paid more than $50 for any one of them. Watch for sales and get the best you can for the least money possible. I haven't been too mad when I come up on my camera and find it stomped into the mud by elk because they were fairly inexpensive, and they take decent enough pictures. Sometimes Cal Ranch sells a 2 pack of 6 or 8 mp stealthcams that go on sale for $100. Super easy to use and have been great cams for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.