Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Train your dog to track a shot deer or elk

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  bigdaddyx4 
I have a good friend that manages a CWMU in the northern Utah area. They've been using a miniature weenie dog for tracking game for a few years now. That little dog has recovered a lot of deer and elk following some less than perfect shots.

Pretty cool, but I'd prefer making a clean kill rather than having to worry about my dog on a hunt. This little dog has been a life saver for these guys though!

So those stupid little pieces of crap can actually serve a purpose! I've never really "hated" an animal before, but my wife had a wiener dog back when we were dating/engaged and I absolutely HATED that little thing. Before reading this I would have thought that they were only useful for field goal practice.
LOL! Yeah my wife and I have one. We bought it the same week we got back from our honeymoon 14 and a half years ago. She's still kickin'! The nice thing about her new though is that she's deaf and blind so she doesn't bark at everything anymore. But I can understand why someone would have a shock collar on one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.