Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the fishing and access to Trial Lake? It looks really accessilble from Google Maps. I was planning on a trip to Mirror Lake but I might choose this lake instead. Looking for an easy access lake with a sand/dirt shore my 10 month old son can handle playing on.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
How is the fishing and access to Trial Lake? It looks really accessilble from Google Maps. I was planning on a trip to Mirror Lake but I might choose this lake instead. Looking for an easy access lake with a sand/dirt shore my 10 month old son can handle playing on.
There are a few others that are only a mile or so hike from the main road, if you have a baby hiker pack to carry him in you will be surprised how many people get left by the road.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Trial is very easy to get to. Fishing can be decent. I have always had success with dragging a worm across the bottom. As others have said, it'll be very crowded. If you feel like getting away from the crowds, take the short hike into crystal lake. I have found better fishing there. We have had days where we catch 40 fish in a few hours. Use a worm across the bottom again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts