Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a week visiting the family down in Price, Utah. Of course I brought all of my fly and spinning gear. I wanted to hit the Price River, but to my dissapointment it was frozen. Then I decided to fish a local community pond down there called Gigliotti pond. The pond is only about 200 feet long and about 100 feet wide. I walked out on the ice and noticed some pre-drilled holes out there. So, I ran back to the car, and got my spinning gear. I bashed one of the pre-existing holes open with a rock, and started to fish. I got 13 average sized rainbows on salmon eggs in about 2 hours. So, I came back there 3 days later (the 27th) and did the same thing. This time, the wind was blowing and it was really cold. However, the fishing was killer. I was getting one after another non-stop. I ended up with 35 fish in about 2.5 hours. The biggest was 14 inches long. They were all rainbows and all planters with their fins rubbed off. But, it was still fun. Here are a couple of pictures.

http://www.westerntroutflies.com/pond1.jpg
http://www.westerntroutflies.com/pond2.jpg

Pavlik

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Ice fishing at Gigliotti? Nice.

I can't believe the river was frozen. Did you try different places or just the popular access points?

I've always wanted to pull over in the canyon and fish the river, but it seems like I'm always racing the clock to get somewhere else (Joe's Valley).

Once again, your link won't work for me. I'm sure it works for everyone else, but I can never get your website to pull up. Oh well. It's too bad you don't ever post any pics in your reports.

Anyhow, good on ya for finding a reason to fish while out of town.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I did not realize that you can create attachments. I was trying to insert the images using the
tag, and it was not working. Here are those pics for you, Loah. I explored the section of the Price which runs through town and the portion above the coal mine. All was frozen with the exception of a few small patches. I was surprised myself. But, the Gil. pond made up for the dissapointment!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Pavlik

To post images in your posts click on the Img button while creating your post. After you click the button some html code should appear. All you have to do is put the web address of your photo's inbetween the code. You don't have to attach them to the site if you don't want to.

It should look like this but without the * in the code
[img*]http://www.westerntroutflies.com/pond1.jpg[/img*]

I put your pic in my post this way

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like i said, i got like 48 planters out of there in 2 days. Some were looking very healthy. Others were not, and had fins rubbed off. My biggest was about 14 inches. It was an interesting fish because it was fat, yet its fins were in shreads. I snapped a cell phone photo of him, and don't know how to move it to my comp.

Pavlik

1 - 7 of 7 Posts