Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

I am going to be starting up a Trout Unlimited chapter for Utah County. In order to get going, we need members and a few people to serve in leadership roles.

We currently need a vice president, secretary, treasurer, environmental director, and women's outreach leader.

For those of you who don't know - Trout Unlimited is a non-profit organization dedicated to conserving coldwater fisheries in North America. It's a worthwhile organization to give time to, especially if you're passionate about fishing (you don't have to be a fly flinger to be a member of TU).

I think there is a lot of good to be done for Utah County fisheries, and surrounding areas, that a group of passionate, dedicated people could bring about. I have a few ideas for projects, but it's all fueled by the members.

If you're interested in joining or serving in a leadership role, please let me know. I'll be in touch quickly. The time commitment is minimal - one meeting a month, plus helping out at whatever projects we plan. It's up to us, really.

Also, if you have any questions, please ask. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Hey all -

I am going to be starting up a Trout Unlimited chapter for Utah County. In order to get going, we need members and a few people to serve in leadership roles.

We currently need a vice president, secretary, treasurer, environmental director, and women's outreach leader.

For those of you who don't know - Trout Unlimited is a non-profit organization dedicated to conserving coldwater fisheries in North America. It's a worthwhile organization to give time to, especially if you're passionate about fishing (you don't have to be a fly flinger to be a member of TU).

I think there is a lot of good to be done for Utah County fisheries, and surrounding areas, that a group of passionate, dedicated people could bring about. I have a few ideas for projects, but it's all fueled by the members.

If you're interested in joining or serving in a leadership role, please let me know. I'll be in touch quickly. The time commitment is minimal - one meeting a month, plus helping out at whatever projects we plan. It's up to us, really.

Also, if you have any questions, please ask. Thanks guys!
It's always great to see new conservation chapters throughout the state. Great job in starting it.

Reactions: spencerD

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I'm already a TU member but the Salt Lake chapter events are usually too long of a drive after a workday to attend. I would gladly welcome a chapter here in Happy Valley.

Keep us updated.:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm already a TU member but the Salt Lake chapter events are usually too long of a drive after a workday to attend. I would gladly welcome a chapter here in Happy Valley.

Keep us updated.:)
Will do! Glad to hear you're willing to participate. I'll shoot you a DM with some details.

I'm hoping to have things ironed out by Friday, then we should be good to start forming and joining. Just some clerical work on my end that I'll need to take care of, as well as coming up with a name for the chapter.

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's awesome! I would be interested in joining. Just out of curiosity can any of the projects be used as dedicated hunter hours?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's awesome! I would be interested in joining. Just out of curiosity can any of the projects be used as dedicated hunter hours?
I'm not sure, that's something you'd probably have to take up with the dedicated hunter folks. Granted, I'm woefully unfamiliar with hunting stuff in the state (I get an OTC tag for elk and a general season permit for turkey each year, that's about it) but I'll look into it for you.

We'd love to have you join! Very happy to hear you're interested!

·
Administrator
21,297 Posts
TU is a great organization. Good luck spencerD.

Reactions: spencerD

·
Registered
223 Posts
I work with TU on a professional level. Great organization who'd I'd give money to any day knowing it will go on the ground for the benefit of trout and numerous other in-stream and terrestrial wildlife species. I'd join you if you were closer.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's $35/year to be a member. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the support guys! Please, if you know of anyone in Utah County who'd be interested in joining, send them my way.

I appreciate all the support so far, y'all are awesome.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
And the $35 is tax deductible. :cool:

Have you contacted the SLC chapter (Stonefly society) for a list of Utah Valley members that may be interested in helping with starting a Utah County chapter?

·
Super Moderator
4,248 Posts
Good on ya Spence:cool:Hope it plans out for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts