Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just bought a new Silverado, you would think truck shopping would be kinda fun, aside from the money but no, it was 2 of the worst 2 weeks I've spent in a long time. The salesmen will tell you anything to get you on the lot thinking they can talk you into what they have, even though you gave them a short list of must haves and what they have doesn't even check half the boxes. Good luck, I don't envy you in your search.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One suggestion I would make, if you find one you like that will work for it jump on it. I had 2 that I looked at, went home to think about over night only to call back in the morning to find out there were sold already. The one I ended up buying I called on a monday night, it had just been delivered that day, I drove it tuesday morning and bought it. While I was filling out the paperwork the sales manager told me that 2 other couples had shown up to buy it. I was there at 9:00 am waiting for the sales people or it would have been gone. I actually saw the people walking around it, checking it out while I was signing papers. Crazy, kinda like the housing market right now, you don't have a minute to think about it you just have to jump and hope it works out for you. I would agree, if possible I would wait until spring, I couldn't. Oh yeah, and no wheeling and dealing on price, at least not for a new one, they tell you what you're going to pay. I played like I wasn't interested and they actually tried to talk me out of it, saying they didn't want to sell me something I wouldn't be completely satisfied with. They hold all the cards right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts