Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's nothing extraordinary like deer brain stew or caul fat wrapped meat balls, like wyogoob would cook up. For me it's different than little tender steaks. I was lucky enough this past Friday to harvest a buck on the archery hunt, and decided to try some smoke the tenderloins. We'll see how it turns out. I used Gumbo's wonderful brisket rub recipe (which I did try it on a brisket from Costco and was incredible and moist) to season it and layed some bacon slices on top.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Looks delicious!!

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
Caul fat wrapped meat balls? yer killin me :)

Hey, that looks great. More pics elkmule123.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Caul fat wrapped meat balls? yer killin me :)

Hey, that looks great. More pics elkmule123.

I don't have any pics of the finished product, it didn't last long after I pulled it out of the smoker. :mrgreen: I can tell ya that it was nice and moist with a wonderful smoky flavor. The caul fat wrapped meat balls was actually from a episode on the "Meat Eater". Luckily my daughter didn't see this episode, she did see the one where he took bone marrow from a femur of a moose to "flavor" his moose steaks. She wanted to try the marrow so I took an elk femur and cut it into 1 inch pieces and roasted it. Needless to say, I'm now a fan of waxy consistency. -O,-

I do have this picture of the buck. ;-)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts