Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to put in this year and from the looks of it i propably will draw with my 2 points ( hope i didn't just screw my self). What is the best habitat you look for when looking for them?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have found, in my limited experience, that turkeys are a lot like elk, moving up and down the mountain with the snow. And what tex said.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
TW's cabin.... :lol: Just kidding Scott. Maybe if I was to draw a tag, you could help me find one and do the fan mount. I know Wendy thought yours were awfully cool. :D

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Don't exactly work that way cause basically around here turkeys live and can be found in a wide variety of habitat..trouble is, it's the most common type of mountain habitat. They do need water every day, they do need (or at least prefer) tall trees to roost in and open meadows or fields for foraging. Best thing to do is ask around.including the Wildlife boys, as to the general area, like certain drainages etc that turkeys are known to live. Then get out in the morning (before daybreak) and again in the evening and listen for the gobbles. When you have located birds then study them (scout) until you know there habits. Come opening morning be there...it's that simple...yeah, right! Hope you draw and I hope you find a few birds to hunt, nothing is more fun...oh and one more thing...get that gun up and ready BEFORE the bird comes in range and DON"T MOVE!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts