Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few minutes tonight of free time, so I decided to head out and do a little preseason scouting for my general turkey tag. I ran into quite a few turkeys, and some great looking toms!!

One experience that I didn't expect to encounter was four different toms trying to fight each other through a pasture fence. I came around the corner of a trail, and to my surprise these four toms - two on one side of the fence and two on the other side of the fence would gobble at each other and then try to fight through the fence. I watched this exchange for about 30 seconds before I made too much movement trying to get some good video/pics and they spooked. The last picture is two of the four fighting toms - the other two disappeared into the brush. All in all, it was a wonderful night!

Anyone else have any scouting pictures??

Attachments

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
CPA,
Look'in good were your at!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Looks good Jeff!

I will have my boy up that way in a couple weeks for his LE turkey tag as well! Going to go and get the blind set up this Saturday..

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Maybe some blue camo?? Big winter bunches on big fields can present some problems. Pattern them on the field for ambush. 'Course you could use one of those tent type ground blinds, but that don't seem quite fair.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good Jeff!

I will have my boy up that way in a couple weeks for his LE turkey tag as well! Going to go and get the blind set up this Saturday..
I saw 12 different toms and about that same amount of jakes. It is definitely a target rich environment. Good luck on your son's hunt!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I did a little scouting as well, and saw 75 birds in a flock. It seems like the population in Utah continues to grow. Hope you are able to connect on a really nice Tom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts