Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the tukeys won the battle this weekend. I hunted in an area Saturday morning that the road was closed with a gate and sign stating the road was closed until May 1st. But two A"""" on atvs thought they were above the law, and not only screwed up my hunt, but also screwed up the guys above me hunting. I confronted them on their way back out, but I'm sure they will be in there again. Well, with my frustrations set aside, here goes my story. Had gobblers gobbling all around and no takers to my call, early Saturday morning. Hunted Saturday night with the same results, but I did see a big tom on the other side of the canyon, on the private property side of course. Got up early Sunday morning and hunted a different area. Had toms gobbling all over the place. Nothing wanted to come in. I was enjoying the warm sun (just about to fall asleep), and then it happened. When I least expected it 5 jakes came with in 50 feet of me. I had some bushes between me and them, without a clear shot of course. As I moved into position to get a shot they scattered. Frustrated I packed up and went home. I hunted the same spot that night and even tore bushes out and set up decoys. I heared 1 gobble all night and no turkeys. I only have time to hunt during the evenings for the next few weeks, so I'll see how things go from there. The turkeys have 1 up on me right now, but we will see how the rest of the hunt goes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts