Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for this Mountain goat hunt . Finally drew my first lifetime tag. I've done a fair amount of scouting, but I would love to chat with someone who has had the tag before or spends a lot of time between the Lake Fork and Uinta River on the south slope and Henry's Fork and the Little east fork on the North. I'd love to hear your success stories, along with what worked and what didn't. THANK YOU

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Welcome to the forum,Sorry I dont have any info for you,but congrats on the tag8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have horses and have made one trip with two or three more planned before the hunt. Planning on using a rifle, but might take the bow if I feel lucky. l'm planning on two three day weekend spot/hunts during the beginning, then 10 days around the end of September. I can take more time after that if I don't connect. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uintas Central Mountain Goat Success

I harvested a great billy on this hunt. It's pretty physical, but hunting alone in the wilderness area is worth it. There were a lot of goats. I scouted nearly every drainage in the unit boundaries. If you draw this tag and would like some information that I gathered, give me a shout. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts