Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just priced some of these, $69 for the extreme. Have any of you tried these and are they worth the extra money? Any input would be greatly appriciated. :D

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
I am a big fan of UA, I use it during early season archery hunts to stay cooler, and I use it during the winter while at work to keep from freezing my giblets. I even use UA socks. Now if I could just get them to throw some money my way for my unsolicited endorsement. :?

PRO

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
fixed blade said:
I just priced some of these, $69 for the extreme. Have any of you tried these and are they worth the extra money? Any input would be greatly appriciated. :D
I'd like to ..... :)

I have bought the socks and I am very happy !!! :) :)....

·
Registered
961 Posts
You might also want to look at Patagonia's capillene base layer. It's great stuff, and I've worn their light weight and expedition weight on month-long trips to some arctic climes.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The moisture wicking is one of the features that seem to work well for me, the Under Armor I have does a very good job of this. Right now they offer 3 "cold gear" layers.

Base 1.0 is for those times when it's a little chilly in the mornings but warms up. It insulates nicely when it's brisk outside, but then wicks moisture away from you and allows cooling once it warms up and you're out hiking around.

Base 2.0 is a medium insulation, I like to use it when the temp is between 20 and 40 degrees. It keeps me warm in that range, but I'll qualify that by saying that I'm 6'5" and 250 lbs. Among my buddies I'm the one that usually gets cold last. So if you get cold easily, plan on adjusting those temps upward. I've been very happy with how the 2.0 doesn't make me too hot even when things warm up to about 55 degrees.

The Base 3.0 is a thicker layer, roughly equivalent to the heavy Smart Wool. I'd use this below 20 degrees.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good, I'll most likely use them for duck hunting Ice fishing and cold, cold stuff. So It sounds like the extreme is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts