Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don’t know if there’s more of US or THEM, but THEM sure leaves a lot of trash in the marsh. This is yesterday’s haul. I routinely fill my lunchbox with THEM’s trash.
View attachment 150837

It's so frustrating. I try to pick up as much trash as I can each time I'm out, and my son has started doing the same. I've got a bunch of spent shells rolling in the back of my truck that he has picked up and dumped inside, but then didn't take and put in the trash when we got home. :unsure:

·
Administrator
8,125 Posts
I really appreciate you doing this.

Ive lead several cleanup projects over the years to clean up after shooters and helped Goob clean up the Mirror Lake Hwy. it’s disheartening to see how quickly things return to where you’d never known I was there weeks before cleaning up.

So I appreciate all of you guys that go the extra mile to clean up marshes, and shoreline.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I've seen more trash and garbage in 2 days of hard deck fishing than I have in 3-4 previous seasons combined. I try grab what I can when it's not frozen solid in the ice.

·
Administrator
8,125 Posts
I've seen more trash and garbage in 2 days of hard deck fishing than I have in 3-4 previous seasons combined. I try grab what I can when it's not frozen solid in the ice.
Agreed. Its getting out of hand.

We were up at a lake in the Uintas a while back and were shocked how filthy it was up there. Used toilet paper strewn about, and a couple friends even found a trash bag filled with human waste.

Im so sad to see people acting this way.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Utahns have always had it, and never had it taken away. Only after it's too late will people realize what they had and lost. No need for laws or regulations; pack it out, educate as much as you can, report it if you see it etc. If not, you'll lose it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Cleaning up the swamp should be accepted by the DWR as hours for the Dedicated Hunter program.
They do if you go to the marsh cleaning/nest box days posted by the different conservation organizations. Check out Wasatch Wigeons, DU, SFW, Utah Airboat Association on facebook. the clean ups and nest boxes generally happen in February after all the hunts close

1 - 9 of 9 Posts