Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Learned a hard lesson this weekend to always put the vest on. Like most I dont always stick it on when its warmer out but I will now. Never had a dog get this torn up. Do not know if it would of stopped the barb wire/cut phrag(still not sure) but it probably would have helped. He is out for at least the next 2 weeks and $400 lighter.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Dang man! Sorry to see that.
My dog ripped a hole in his vest today in the phrag, after seeing your dog I feel bad for being upset about the $15 torn vest. Hope he heals up quickly.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I doubt it would have helped much with barbed wire. I've had my share of run ins with it and have several scars to remind me of it, one right under my nose. I hope he heals well.

Reactions: freepunk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang man! Sorry to see that.
My dog ripped a hole in his vest today in the phrag, after seeing your dog I feel bad for being upset about the $15 torn vest. Hope he heals up quickly.
He is as chipper as ever but really hates his cone of shame. I guess it's hard to judge doorways when your head grows 3x in one day.

I hope he heals quickly too because I am a terrible retriever

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ouch! Glad he's OK though. It's a bummer having your dog go down during the season, but nothing makes you appreciate the work he does more than picking up your own birds for a while!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Great post...sorry about your pup...:/
I ALWAYS run a vest on my dog...from opening day to the close. It's not about warmth, although that does help later in the year, it's about protection!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts