Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Utah Bowmen Association is holding their annual awards banquet Feb 2nd at the Utah State Fairgrounds at 7:00 pm. Price is $25.00 dollars if paid in advance or $30.00 at the door. This gets you a great meal, raffle tickets, door prizes, and a great time! We will be having a live auction where many great items will be sold. We will also be auctioning a LE archery Fish Lake elk tag and a LE Filmore Oak Creek Premium elk tag as well as a Central Utah turkey tag.

Contact the following for tickets/reservations:
Jay Walk: 435-884-3401
Bart Hansen: 435-850-8115

Thanks and I hope to see a lot of you there!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If you like archery hunting and a good meal get your tickets and make it to this. They will have a guest speaker(TBA) but last year it was ralph and vikki and they were great. And like PRO said tons of raffles and great food, and we will make sure it all gets served on a bead of beans :twisted:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alpinebowman said:
If you like archery hunting and a good meal get your tickets and make it to this. They will have a guest speaker(TBA) but last year it was ralph and vikki and they were great. And like PRO said tons of raffles and great food, and we will make sure it all gets served on a bead of beans :twisted:
That's it, you are pulling double duty now, set up and serving beans! :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
proutdoors said:
alpinebowman said:
That's it, you are pulling double duty now, set up and serving beans! :shock: :wink:
That should be good for you. I will make sure you get as many as you want. :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
I will see if I can, I have a baptism that day to be a part of, with a get together after. Its Bryan's (that came on the sheep transplant) daughter. I might still be able to break away after and come. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
suave300 said:
I will see if I can, I have a baptism that day to be a part of, with a get together after. Its Bryan's (that came on the sheep transplant) daughter. I might still be able to break away after and come. We'll see.
Just be there !!! Wuzz !! :evil: :evil: :D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finnegan said:
proutdoors said:
We will also be auctioning a LE archery Fish Lake elk tag and a LE Filmore Oak Creek Premium elk tag as well as a Central Utah turkey tag.
The 2008 Conservation Permit list only shows UBA with two archery deer tags. Is the list wrong?

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hunting/biggam ... t_list.pdf
There was a filing error by UBA when obtaining these permits. UBA will acquire the two archery deer tags, but not until some paperwork is straightened out. So, in order to still have a couple of tags to auction off, MDF will be selling a few of there tags at our banquet. Then UBA will sell ours at a later time. This was all about the 503c filing for tax purposes, UBA tried to do it as last year and we got caught up in some red tape, no big deal as it about rectified as we speak, but we didn't want to sell our tags until it was a done deal.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Thanks, Pro.

Hope you guys didn't make an error with the IRS. They have a record of being reasonable about the first error but get real anal after that as if they're looking for any excuse to make trouble. Another organization I once worked for was two weeks late because the bookeeper was hospitalized. The IRS hounded the organization for 3 years after that, almost like an extended audit.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UBA should be fine. We had to form a new non-profit company for the 503c tax-exempt status. We started Utah Bowmen for Habitat, and it's just a matter of getting the paperwork through the slow red tape process. We have a couple of atty's that are doing the legal work free for us, they are UBA members and great guys. We'll be fine, we justed wanted to err on the side of caution on this. The two deer tags will be should once we get the green light from the suits.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
That sounds like a good deal. Are you going to head up the new organization?

If you folks ever need a laborer, cement finisher, carpenter or equipment operator for one of your projects, just sing out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
PRO, I am going to be able to come after all. How do I pay in advance and get a ticket to come?

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sauve300, just tell me how many tickets you need by the end of today. Then I'll get with you on the money part later.

Thanks for the offer finnegan. I'll keep you in mind if we ever need to take you up on the generous offer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I am just going by my lonesome. So just give me one ticket.

Thanks, Erik

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
I'll hopefully have a number for you by the end of today.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mountain Time said:
Pro, I sent you a PM.
Nice chatting with you, look forward to meeting you Saturday. Looks like a lot of UWN members will be there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts