Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few thoughts after watching the Utah Jazz in their opening game last night:

A. FuboTV. I don't know. I guess it provided an option for me to watch the game, but there were a few issues:
1. the sound was a little ahead of the picture. Not bad, but noticeable.
2. Fast forwarding through commercials was a challenge. And, even if you skipped ahead 10, 20, 30 seconds, it jump back and repeat segments of the commercials to the point where skipping ahead didn't gain you anything. There is some work that Fubo needs to do on fast forwarding recorded content.

B. Bolerjack is still a buffoon. After Gobert made his first two free throws Bolerjack commented that if he could continue going "2-for-2 he'd have a really nice season". If anyone in the NBA continued that for the season, it would be a freakishly amazing season!

C. Rudy Gobert is really good.
D. Rudy Gobert is really good. So good, we should name a national park after him.
E. Rudy Gobert is really good. We've said this in the past, and I'll say it again: he's the best player on the Jazz.

F. I'm not a Paschal fan. The jury is still out on Rudy Gay. But, either way, we've upgraded from Niang!
G. Our bench is solid. Clarkson, Ingles, and Whiteside -- then add the others (Butler, Oni, Paschall, Gay).
H. Right now, I think we are a better team.

Lastly -- It's nice to see the Jazz are not exempt from the wokeness that is the USA. I'm happy to see that the Jazz continue to be leaders, and fight for diversity, inclusion, and belonging. And it's not just words, but actions. Case in point: how refreshing is it to see a white male included in the Jazz Dancers? No longer will it just be a bunch of hot chicks out shaking it on the court during breaks in the game - but now we get a white guy out sharing his rhythm giving all the rest of us white guys hope!! Thank you Utah Jazz Dancers!!

(Did I mention that Gobert is really good?)

• Haha
Reactions: CPAjeff

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We've got to push for this.
Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion Natural environment

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(I was never a "KK" fan. But I don't know if we upgraded with Holly. Why do we need the added buffoonery anyway?)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
We've got to push for this.
View attachment 149838
Sure, but lets keep it a national monument.

A quick thought or two. (I only watched from the 2nd quarter on due to work)

1. At least it was a Thurl night. But, hey they are broadcasting over KSL 1160 now so you can turn that on where you live if you can't take Blunderjack any more. (and we all reach that point from time to time)
2. OKC isn't going to set the world afire this year. I think we can get a better gauge as we play tougher competition.
3. I too think the bench will be better.
4. Maybe the white "dude" is just identifying that way presently. Workplace accommodation?

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm OK with keeping it a national monument. But if the Rudy Gobert Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument is ever shrunk [again] and we create the Rudy Gobert Escalante River National Park, then I think we should name it after Rudy Gobert.

#RGGSENM
#RGERNP

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I'm OK with keeping it a national monument. But if the Rudy Gobert Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument is ever shrunk [again] and we create the Rudy Gobert Escalante River National Park, then I think we should name it after Rudy Gobert.

#RGGSENM
#RGERNP
I thought the name we settled on was Gobert/Stewart NP?

So the locals can remember who to thank when their access they are used to is restricted.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the Rudy Gobert Escalante River National Park by Chris Stewart.

I like it.

#RGERNPbyCS

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
They’ll be good, but I think we’re all just waiting on the playoffs…..also…..Holly Rowe is great.

Reactions: pollo70

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK. We're 3 full weeks in, so I have 1 additional comment on the Jazz at this point:

Just like the past number of seasons, the Jazz are really, really bad at backup PG. When Conley is out, we are bad. I don't get it, either. When Conley is out, our game plan changes and moves away from the formula that makes us good. Instead, it turns into iso-hero ball, which we aren't good at.

In today's era of painting "rest" as a good reason to miss a game, I'm afraid we are in for another early playoff exit.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
How bout that Rudy Gay debut!? Pretty cool to watch. He will definitely make the Jazz better.

You gotta love Bolerjack! “19 for Rudy Gay! Oh, make that 20, he missed a free throw.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PBH

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
How bout that Rudy Gay debut!? Pretty cool to watch. He will definitely make the Jazz better.

You gotta love Bolerjack! “19 for Rudy Gay! Oh, make that 20, he missed a free throw.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad! He could be quite helpful. And Boler is Boler. (smh)

One other thing. Its been all Thurl on the broadcasts so far, which I'm totally fine with. Has Harpring moved along?

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm wondering if Harpring ran off with Kristen Kenney, and left Boler with Holly Rowe?

Boler did provide a good comment last night concerning Rudy Gay's performance. He said: this is only the 5th time in his career that he's made 5 three pointers. (or something very close to that). What I took from that comment was -- don't expect this every night from Gay. However, with Utah's offense, maybe these performances will be more frequent?

I thought the discussion about Gay's new nickname (Ocho) was sad. Basically, they approached Gay and said "hey, we don't want to confuse you with Gobert. Can we call you something else? You have the number 8 on your jersey. How does 'Ocho' sound?". Nicknames should come naturally. They should never be forced. But, hey, that's Boler for you....

Reactions: Catherder

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just out of curiosity, is anyone else using FuboTV to watch games? I'm still disappointed in it. Watching a recorded game is tough -- sometimes I can jump forward, sometimes I can't. It always gets glitchy -- If I do jump forward, it will sit and skip back ~3 times by 15 seconds, negating the jump forward. The sound consistently gets out of synch with the picture. But, at least I can watch the games....

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Harpring was terrible. He was probably “moved long” by the Jazz, if they’re smart.

I was at the Heat game. This team has a lot to work on if they want a legit shot this year. I don’t think they have the capability to flip the switch on and off like some elite teams have been known to do. Their D has been really bad this year and at least in that Heat game, they made no effort to even attempt to move the ball.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I'm wondering if Harpring ran off with Kristen Kenney, and left Boler with Holly Rowe?

I thought the discussion about Gay's new nickname (Ocho) was sad. Basically, they approached Gay and said "hey, we don't want to confuse you with Gobert. Can we call you something else? You have the number 8 on your jersey. How does 'Ocho' sound?". Nicknames should come naturally. They should never be forced. But, hey, that's Boler for you....

I think Harpring went home to Georgia and opened a chain of new Chick-fil-a's. KK may have followed along or is auditioning to get Holly's gig at ABC.

The Ocho thing is indeed dumb but fairly fitting. "Ocho" has only 4 letters and 2 syllables, so it fits perfectly in Boler's cranial wheelhouse. I think he should just say the guys name. It sounds less dumb than "Ocho" and will score a few points with the woke crowd too.

·
Banned
5,015 Posts
So far a pretty uninspiring group.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts