Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to my spot on Utah lake tonight to check it out and it's got me worried.. the water levels have dropped dramatically since I checked a month ago. Last month it was FULL of waterfowl and now its all dry. Is it normal for the water level to be down this much this time of year?? :shock:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Its not normal deer creek is already low and so on and so on which means it's going to stay low. there's not much for boat access not much for cover you can walk out in the middle but you'll be waist deep in mud.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It's not normal but we are in a drought and they still need to irrigate so that and the water right down stream on the Jordon river takes it out of Utah Lake, good news is they will slow the flow and maybe by mid December it will all be frozen solid and the fun will begin. :) But until then walk in access is good and the ducks are still out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was just hoping the water would get back up to where it was so I could use my old spot, where I've seen hundreds of birds. What do you mean slow the flow?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yeah, I was just hoping the water would get back up to where it was so I could use my old spot, where I've seen hundreds of birds. What do you mean slow the flow?
Slow the flow means they shut the pumps down near saratoga and the outflow from the lake stops. this allows the lake to raise a little bit each month through the rest of the season. it doesn't effect it much though until the spring run off. it can if we get allot of rain after the pumps are shut down though. It's a big lake and takes allot of water to get provo bay deep enough to run.

good luck on your season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts