Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's get a head count going to see who will be there.
Everyone is welcome new or not to ice fishing.
If you need equipment, let us know and we will bring extra.
Fatbass, will you be there and if so, can you bring your cooker?
K2muskie, I hope that you and your friends can make it.
If we do get a cooker up there, we can cook up some Perch and even do hotdogs or something like that.
This could turn out to become an annual event.
So who will be there?

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Us ice fish'n virgins are look'n forward to hook'n up with ice fish'n pros. :D *(())* :wink: :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Al Hansen said:
Post up a time and a general area. I might have to show up to test taste :lol: :lol: !!!!
That's It!!!! Now I know I'm going for sure... *\-\* *\-\*

Maybe Al Hansen could work on some of those 'hunting' people that say......jeez Al, it you wouldn't make it during the hunting season, I could go... :oops: :oops:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We will fish from first light till about 11:00am.
Look for me just South of the boat ramp. I will have a RED folding chair with me. I will be looking for water that's about 35' deep to start.
That should be about 100 yards from the shore.
Depending on ice thickness, we could get together at 11:00 at either the ramp or if the ice is thick enough, right on the ice. Ice will need to be 6" thich for that.

More to come!

·
Registered
309 Posts
jeez... If you wouldn't plan it during the waterfowl season... ;) Sounds like a blast! I will be making one of my last duck hunting efforts this season with my boy that day. Otherwise, count me in.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
.45 said:
[quote="Al Hansen":3dtdvo3w]Post up a time and a general area. I might have to show up to test taste :lol: :lol: !!!!
That's It!!!! Now I know I'm going for sure... *\-\* *\-\*

Maybe Al Hansen could work on some of those 'hunting' people that say......jeez Al, it you wouldn't make it during the hunting season, I could go... :oops: :oops:[/quote:3dtdvo3w]
I'll pass, I would rather go to the dentist, than intentionally go sit on FROZEN water clear up in BFE! :roll: Make a get together where/when more can make it and I'll grace you all with my presence. 8) :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
proutdoors said:
I'll pass, I would rather go to the dentist, than intentionally go sit on FROZEN water clear up in BFE! :roll: Make a get together where/when more can make it and I'll grace you all with my presence. 8) :mrgreen:
I kinda gotta agree with you on that Pro ( ouch ) I'm not much into sitting on the ice either, I was really look'in for somebody's lap to sit on.... *\-\* *\-\* ........ I'm not much into ice fishing either, but, somebody's got to run for coffee and stuff.... :)

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
.45 said:
I'm not much into ice fishing either, but, somebody's got to run for coffee and stuff.... :)
.45 can I put my order in early...grande cafe mocha whip cream and don't forget 3 brown sugars steamed in. I'm so excited how many more days, hours, minutes. Weather please coorporate please, please, please... Look'n forward to this more than Christmas, birth of my kids, wedding, birthday, job promotion and anything I've left off. *OOO* :wink: :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
k2muskie said:
Look'n forward to this more than Christmas, birth of my kids, wedding, birthday, job promotion and anything I've left off. *OOO* :wink: :wink:
Let me qualify a couple of things in my thread above....birth of my kids, I wasn't the side line spectator however one was there (not to offend anyone I hope)...kids are now teenagers and the wedding well I'll leave it at that. Let's say I dropped a 180 lbs via a divorce. I'm still excited and just saw the weather... it's a look'n very promising for those of us wanting to catch some fishes and learn from the ice fish'n pros. Sorry some of you have other engagements. I'm sure there will be other times. I guess you can tell I'm excited about this adventure especially if .45 will be doing comfort runs for us. Just as long as I don't find any frick'n ice holes and have to traverse the South and/or North slope of Mt. Everest without guide ropes within the death zone. :shock: :shock: . :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
OOPS, something has come up. Can't make it. It would be entertaining to watch .45 sit in someones lap. Jeez .45. _/O _/O _/O :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fatbass, are you going to come up Saturday?
If so, will you be able to bring your stove?
Thanks, Grandpa D.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I'm coming. :eek:

No "ice gear" to speak of, but I'll be there with some small tube jigs, worms, and minnows. If someone would like to lend a rod and some jig training, that'd be great. I'll just make sure I'm dressed plenty warm. I'll have a hand warmer in every pocket. :lol:

But now I'm nervous...Now I'll have a big group robbing me of my ice virginity. :shock:

So are people really going to be fishing, or is this going to turn into a big snowball fight? :p

I'm coming from Orem and plan on arriving at Rockport early. Hopefully before the sun hits the ice. If anyone from Orem (or close) needs a lift up, let me know. I've been known to drive like a lunatic, but I calm down a little in the winter. :wink: I also have a shiny new State Parks Pass (woohoo...best gift ever), so parking won't be an issue.

Looking forward to it.

G

·
I'd love to come but my son has a Jr. Jazz basketball game at 10:00. I could come right after but I don't think I could realistically make it there before noon and y'all will probably be done fishing by then. Hope everyone has a good time and the ice can hold y'all :!: :shock:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts