Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help. I drew a vernal doe tag and I am wondering what the snow conditions are over there right now. I only have one day to really get after it and I want my boy to have a good time. Also I am looking for some ideas on places to hunt if there is a lot of snow on the ground. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Lots of snow you will be knee deep. You don't need any advice over there you should be able to find a doe within 30 min. should be a very cold and fun hunt for you and your boy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I havent put any of the pics on my pc yet. I ended up going out today and it was a ton of fun. We found some does real quick had to walk a couple hundred yards, pulled the trigger. Made a clean shot on a yearling doe at 150 yards and went home. It was a fun time. I think my boy and I had the funnest skinning her out. I will post some pics in the morning.

·
Banned
123 Posts
My father had the tag and we were done by 9:30 am.
He cant hardly walk anymore so its alot of fun to see him be happy and get to harvest a critter.
Of course though I had to fetch the thing and clean it for him :D
He made a good shot though out of a 6.5mm at 292 yrds dropped her like a sack.
Its so much fun to still be able to hunt with the old man.

·
Banned
123 Posts
jhunter said:
I havent put any of the pics on my pc yet. I ended up going out today and it was a ton of fun. We found some does real quick had to walk a couple hundred yards, pulled the trigger. Made a clean shot on a yearling doe at 150 yards and went home. It was a fun time. I think my boy and I had the funnest skinning her out. I will post some pics in the morning.
What were you guys driving?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Let's post some pictures of these ladys... Hopefully I will have mine down by this Saturday. I only have one day for both my dad and I to fill our tags. We will be the ones lugging around my 7 months pregant wife in her third trimester. :lol: I am glad to just have the good sport come with us. She does all the spotting for us. _(O)_

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.