Votes: 19 63.3%
  • I'd rather just look at a photo of the animal

Votes: 11 36.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps this is just a pet peeve of mine and perhaps others too but while I do enjoy a photo of a great buck, bull, ram, or whatever else you want to post I don't like having to watch a video to do so.

So for those of you posting videos I would appreciate just a photo and not a 5 or 15 minute video of them and I am sure that others would also.

As I said this may just be me.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I personally enjoy seeing the videos of guys shooting at running bucks a bunch of times before they hit them. It's a good teaching tool ;-) :-o ;-)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Perhaps this is just a pet peeve of mine and perhaps others too but while I do enjoy a photo of a great buck, bull, ram, or whatever else you want to post I don't like having to watch a video to do so.

So for those of you posting videos I would appreciate just a photo and not a 5 or 15 minute video of them and I am sure that others would also.

As I said this may just be me.
It's not just you!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I enjoy most of the videos but only if the video is all on the animals or other wildlife. I don't like watching someone taking a selfie of themselves talking and just walking down a trail. But that's just me too;-)

:edit: sometimes the videos of the animals going down gets me, but I'm getting older and a bit more sentimental.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like to watch the videos. Even those that depict real hunting scenes (with shots fired and missed animals).

If you don't like to watch videos, then maybe just don't watch them...? That seems like a very simple solution to me.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I personally take more video than still pictures because I can see more and different angles of the animals. Also, you can take still pictures off of the video, if needed.
I've actually looked back at the footage of a buck being shot, minutes after the shot to see where the bullet hit and if it was a fatal hit. That was huge on knowing and deciding how to approach a wounded or dead animal.
I don't take video for you to enjoy but for myself and those I hunt with.
I do share my video in hopes that a few others will find some enjoyment and sometimes entertainment, when viewing them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like both! I guess I'm greedy that way.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Beggars can't be choosers. I'd say we get what someone else is willing to post. If you don't like videos, just don't watch them. If you like the videos, then watch them. Surprised people posting videos bothered someone so bad it warranted a poll and its own thread.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I enjoy both. I enjoy a good documentation of the adventure whether that be thru still images or video clips.

I'll tell you what I'm not a fan of with some videos though...when the first seven minutes of an eight minute clip is a list of "sponsors"... if I start to see that I don't bother.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts