Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought vortex binos or Spotting scopes? If you have then how do you like them and what top brands are they comparable too? My buddy has a vortex spotting scope and its gives a very crisp and clear imagine. Its very easy to focus.

Has anyone had problems or heard any problems with the vortex products?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess a lot of people havent used the vortex much.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I bought the vortex nomad with a straight eyepiece. I like it a lot. I have had it about 5 or 6 months now. I used it for digiscoping at yellowstone this fall along with all the usual hunting expeditions. I haven't done too many side to side comparisons, but it did seem better than the brunton compact that I compared it with along with being infinantely better than the old winchester spotter I have toted around for years. At yellowstone, I compared it with a swaro scope that some wolf chaser had. This was mid morning though and the brightness was pretty much indestinguishable between the two. However, the swaro had a much wider field of view and focused a lot easier through the heat waves. I guess that is why swaros are the best. So far it has not disappointed me though for a fairly inexpensive scope.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a pair of Razors, love them, they really work great in low light!!

what did you pay for the nomad papacow?
Ive been thinking about getting one, but i would like to look thru one first!!

9er

·
Registered
285 Posts
9er,

I paid $300 for it through cameraland in New York. They have free shipping and If you tell them that you found them off of monstermuleys.com they will probably give you a discount. They usually charge $330 for the straight eye piece and $340 for the angled eyepiece. Here is a link:

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexnomad

The staff are very easy to work with.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the 8.5 X 50's, they are good and clear but would spend a little extra on the euros from cabelas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts