Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love seeing pics of people's wall mounts. If you have one show it off for us.

Here's mine

Walleye I caught at Deer Creek. It isn't the biggest fish I've ever caught and I'm sure I'll mount bigger ones in the future, but it was fish I caught that hooked me on and made me passionate about fishing. So it has sentimental value.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That is an awesome mount. Is that a skin mount? I got two walleyes I plan on having replicas made for after I put enough pennies away here and there. Did you catch that eye with that spinner that is in its mouth?

·
Administrator
21,407 Posts

23 1/2" Koke

More cool than the fish: my youngest son shot his first deer with his rifle resting on the dead juniper branch I used to mount the salmon. The branch makes a full circle.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
FishGlyph said:
Those are some nice mounts fellas. I don't have one of my own, but will share my friend's lmb skin mount he had done a while back. NibbleNuts has alread seen this hawg. :)

[attachment=1:wd11uv9z]randallslmb1993.jpg[/attachment:wd11uv9z]
[attachment=0:wd11uv9z]randalllable.jpg[/attachment:wd11uv9z]
I've seen it before but that doesn't mean I don't want to see it again. Someday I'm gonna catch me one of those beauties.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
wyogoob said:

23 1/2" Koke

More cool than the fish: my youngest son shot his first deer with his rifle resting on the dead juniper branch I used to mount the salmon. The branch makes a full circle.
What's the story behind the kokanee. He is cool. I'd like to hear about it.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
Don't tell him unless he is sober, we don't want him attacking such a beautiful fish :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
FROGGER said:
Nibble Nuts said:
Don't tell him unless he is sober, we don't want him attacking such a beautiful fish :lol: :lol:
Frogger, if I am not mistaken, you seem to need a beer, or a nice shot of whiskey.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a skin mount and yes I caught it on that #4 orange and black blue fox spinner. The guy I had do it did a great job.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hey Goose, that is one heck of a nice walleye!!! I was hoping you'd post a pic after telling me about how you caught that beast. Hope you get many more man!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
This brook trout came from a secret location on a secret mountain with boulders on it. Well you can probably figure it out. The real kick in the butt is that i've caught 3 brooks bigger than this one in the last 4 years, but my dad mounted this one for my 15th birthday. It's about 18 inches long and somewhere around 3 lbs. On one trip to the same lake i caught two that were 20 and 21, and fatter as well. Unfortunately they weren't as brightly colored as he, so they didn't make it to the wall, but i'm sure a good taxidermist could've fixed that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ditto to the above. That's one nice looking Brookie! Looks like you've really got them big brooks down, so congratulations. In my opinion, a brightly colored brook trout is one of the most spectacular fish around.

·
Administrator
21,407 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
wyogoob said:

23 1/2" Koke

Flaming Gorge, Anvil Draw, 199?. I give the taxidermist this picture to mount fish. He did a good job.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That Koke is one of the coolest looking fish I have ever seen. I would be ecstatic to catch one in spawn color since I have no intention of eating one. Do they put up a good fight?

·
Administrator
21,407 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
That Koke is one of the coolest looking fish I have ever seen. I would be ecstatic to catch one in spawn color since I have no intention of eating one. Do they put up a good fight?
Thanks, I have others that are redder but I need to scan the pics. This one had nice markings on the sides.

Yes they put up a good fight. But they are very oily and have a strong fishy flavor at this stage. They are no good to eat, even smoked IMHO. We try to fight them without any stress to the fish and throw them back to finish their lives spawning. The Koke season at the Gorge has been shortened.

I have painted up my cannonball lead fish to look like real fish, with eyes and gills. I coat them with rod finish that has sparkle or glow-in-the-dark pwoder in it. The ones I make in Blaze Orange attract the decked-out-in-red spawners, some even follow the painted lead fish up to the boat.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Have you ever caught any of the kokanee through the ice? They must get aggressive if they will follow that fish rig up to the boat.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts