Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for an e collar for my dog. If any of you guys have one you want to sell me, PM me, im looking at a lot of price ranges. One preferably in the 300 yard or more range.

He ran out into the road the other day and BARELY got clipped by a truck, all he ended up with was a small cut. I just want to get an E collar for him to help train him to stay on our property and other things too.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Old Fashioned

If you don't hear from anyone, check the classified ads on KSL.com (or e-bay), I've seen decent deals on both of those sites.

Also, don't be afraid to use old fashioned methods of teaching the dog to respond to your vocal commands. Get a 100-foot check cord and let the dog run around the yard with that thing attached. Then have a friend try to get the dog to head out by the road, and when he takes off in that direction call him. If he does not respond, stop him with the check cord. I've found that collars are excellent for reinforcement, but that a good foundation is important too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know a lot of people don't like Innotek. But I started out with the adv-1000 collar. Did a great job for me! Sportsman's also has a good selection. You can get a sport dog for around $150.

+1 on what threasershark said.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a sportdog a couple months ago, the thing didnt work. Luckily the seller on Ebay knew importance of customer service and let me return it after the return period was due. I will check out collar clinic and that one on KSL.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts