Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw a pic and was told it was the ram taken off the Wasatch this year. Has any one else seen it, have a pic or know the story? Looked like a stud ram! Isn't this the first year for that hunt with only 1 permit given?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ No ^^^^^^^^^^

There were bighorn permits on Wasatch West in both 2007 and 08 .....

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
My barber today showed me a picture of a very big ram just taken by I think his son in law. Dunno if its the one you saw but it was really nice. Broomed a quite a bit on the right side. Said the hunter drew it with 6 or 7 pts.

-DallanC

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Marty, I believe goofy was answering my question about this being the first hunt for sheep on the Wasatch. At least that's how I read it?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Marty, I believe goofy was answering my question about this being the first hunt for sheep on the Wasatch. At least that's how I read it?
Yes, This ^^^^

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
My barber today showed me a picture of a very big ram just taken by I think his son in law. Dunno if its the one you saw but it was really nice. Broomed a quite a bit on the right side. Said the hunter drew it with 6 or 7 pts.

-DallanC
It was a female that took the ram.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep that's the one! Pretty awesome the guy I talked to had a pic of another one through his scope up there that was just as big or bigger!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Exceptional ram...:cool:...!

·
Registered
289 Posts
My cousin sent me the pictures. His brother in law knew about the ram and had pictures. The guide actually contacted him and ask where he had seen the ram. He didn't want to give out and information. Because the guide wouldn't pay him a finders fee. Anyway the guide found one of the rams.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I'd say pretty close to same,
The one she shot appears to be 10.5 + years old.
And any ram over 180" is simply fantastic!!!!!!!

If I had to guess tho, I think the one in the scope is a year younger.

·
Registered
289 Posts
After looking a little closer Goofy. You're right the one shot has more mass, but he is worn on the ends. They both are awesome Rams though. Congratulations to the women hunter!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Wow...that ram is a beast. The kind I dream about with my 12 points and counting.

I agree that the ram in the scope appears a little younger. He has a tight curl too, although, not being able to see the curl on the taken ram makes it hard to compare. I'd easily pop either if given the chance though!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts