Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Wasatch control permits?

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Vanilla 
#1 ·
Don't want to start a fight on here but I am curious if anybody knows if they will be doing the control permits for cows on the wasatch again this year? Trying to decide where to put in for antlerless?

#2 ·
Yes,
Unlimited cow control permits again this year on the Wasatch..:cry::cry:..

#4 ·
Hey maybe I just do not get this, but where does it say "unlimited control tags"?

They field guide -- here: http://wildlife.utah.gov/2015-plan-...hunting/hunting/1618-elk-control-permits.html -- says that you can get a cow tag on a number of units, incl Wasatch, f you obtained a permit (including general season) to harvest a buck, bull or once-in-a-lifetime species on any of the above units (not including CWMUs)... .

That's not "unlimited", but limited to holders of LE bull tags and GE buck tags, or?

#15 ·
I did find it weird that they reduced cow tags by 1,000 on the whole Wasatch unit, but left control tags in areas there were big reductions.

But I too will be buying a control tag, just in case we find one of the last 3 cow elk on CC during the rifle deer hunt.

#16 ·
I will forego the control tag during the general hunt. I don't need the meat this year and personally don't get much satisfaction out of shooting cows. I love hunting them with my kids but they both have other tags this year. Besides, hopefully the one I leave will be opportunity for someone else. I wish I could donate my control tag to someone who didn't get a general deer or LE tag. -----SS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.