Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it done on the Wasatch with my dad and sister on Wednesday night!

We had just got in to a water hole at about 5:15 and set up a little blind made out of camo burlap and natural vegetation. At about 5:25 I looked into the tree line and saw an elk coming in to get a drink. Realizing it was a spike, I picked up my bow and started to get ready for him to come in. Using the blind we had made, I drew my bow back and settled my pin right on his vitals. At that moment he was at 17 yards. He didn't have a clue we were settled in right next to him. I released my arrow and it hit a little high, but nevertheless a complete pass through! We had a great blood trail to follow, and it led us right to him, about 150 yards away! I had made a good shot that double lunged him. The rest is history as we gutted, quartered him, and hauled him off the mountain. This was definitely a hunt to remember! All thanks to my dad who helped me through all of this, and for my sister who hiked all the miles with us! :mrgreen:

Me with my bull

Me, my sister, and my dad

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Great job - the smiles tell it all! I don't know who's more excited, you or your sister.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Nice...... Congrats on the good hunt and the good memories.

·
Administrator
21,629 Posts
congrats!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts