Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still in a bit of shock with the past week's events. This fall has been exceptionally good to me. Without going into a great deal of detail, I was not able to kill the buck I was after, but still killed a nice buck with my bow. I then shifted my focus to elk. The elk Gods smiled down on me and I was able to connect with a bull that was much bigger than I had ever hoped to kill on the extended. I put a video together of the hunt/pack out.

This maybe should be on a different thread, but I'll throw it on here anyway...

Four days later, I talked a friend into heading up onto the North Slope in an attempt to get him a crack at his first elk ever. That ended up being another slam dunk of an adventure as well. I made another quick video of that hunt too.

Two bull elk killed and packed out within 5 days. It has been a whirlwind to say the least. There is much more to the story than what I have mentioned here, but for the sake of keeping this short and sweet, this will have to do.

Enjoy,

Bryce

·
Registered
854 Posts
freaking awesome man!! sounds like it was well deserved! you live by my parents haha driven that road a thousand times.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was wondering when this video was gonna come out. I saw the pictures through a mutual friend last week and couldn't freaking believe it. Magnificent bull for anywhere, let alone the Front with a bow. Very nicely done for you and your buddy. Two of the hardest tags anywhere, and you guys got it done. Nice work!

·
Registered
704 Posts
You sir, are a stud! Two incredible hunts, but to tackle a pack out solo with a bull of that caliber is astounding. Thanks for the video. I love the excitement. If it ever gets to the point that I don't shake after an encounter with a big buck or bull, it will be time to give it up. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Bryce, that was simply awesome, thank you for sharing. Even more awesome is that you took the time to give thanks for the blessing that was bestowed upon you that day, because most of us know that God definitely plays a hand in our hunting activities. And although I haven't taken a nice bull yet, I can definitely relate to some of what you felt when I shot my spike and calf about 4 minutes apart last year, it feels very surreal for sure. Here is to wishing you many more great hunts in the future._O\\

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Amazing hunts! Loved the excitement in both of them. And I second that you're a beast packing out your bull by yourself and then packing your buddies bull with him 4 miles out of the Uintas! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
cooler than the other side of the pillow, if that pillow had been cryogenically frozen until the next ice age, and that pillow lived and roamed around in its new frozen environment. Yep, that's about how cool it is!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts