Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoy guys from New México looking for where to start on my archery hunt not looking for any ones honey hole just where to start.

thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
There are deer everywhere on the wasatch front. Pick a canyon, then a trail and go up. Prepare for some good hiking, lots of deer, lots of other hikers, and a good time. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get a shot at a buck.

Best of luck this year!

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
I saw a ton of bucks up above currant creek
That's the wrong unit cc is on the wasatch east
That reminds me a hunter and his wife that I met one year coming down Mayfield Canyon off of the Manti during the general deer hunt when we had the different regions. He said that he was headed up to Strawberry to finish his hunt since he wasn't seeing too much on the Manti. I asked him what tag he had that he could hunt two different regions and he just stared at me for a couple of minutes before he drove off. He had no idea.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That reminds me a hunter and his wife that I met one year coming down Mayfield Canyon off of the Manti during the general deer hunt when we had the different regions. He said that he was headed up to Strawberry to finish his hunt since he wasn't seeing too much on the Manti. I asked him what tag he had that he could hunt two different regions and he just stared at me for a couple of minutes before he drove off. He had no idea.
Its a good thing we have such a friendly batch of outdoors people in the state that are willing to help out others when they make a mistake or give or get some wrong info and not try and make them feel stupid.
That could have been costly for him and his wife.

my bad. sorry for wrong info.
Thats not my deer unit, so ive never looked into it closely, i saw wasatch and jumped in. I shouldnt have spoken up.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Yep - pick a canyon and get up high to glass. You will find deer. You have the extended Wasatch hunt after the general archery concludes. That widens your options even more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts