Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on where to go on wasatch west for deer tomorrow. this is my sons first year hunting, he has a deer and cow elk tag, and we are struggling. i took him on the muzzle loader to an area up by wallsberg and daniels summit and we hunted hard with no luck. plenty of does and bulls but nothing we could shoot. we have been back up there and even went up squaw peek in provo canyon for the rifle and so far nothing. with this being his first year i really want to get him a chance at something, he is getting very discouraged. any thoughts?

·
Registered
248 Posts
We only saw three cow elk near Cascade Springs..bucks were very reclusive this year; I only know of three that came down from the area we were in (including my son's 2pt).
Cows were out 1200 yards and headed further in towards Tibble so I never had a decent shot at them.

Good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any luck with finding a buck? I've been trying to get my wife on one, and have twice. On the opener she was getting ready to pull the trigger and someone else beat her to it. A couple of nights ago we saw a 2 pt., but things just didn't come together. We thought they were feeding into a clearing, but they never materialized. It feels like I have been all over wasatch west and just can't get it done for her. Any ideas?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
friday night i saw 25-30 deer, all skin heads. saturday we saw another 12 skin heads. no antlers. we had a great time, just disappointed at seeing so many does and no bucks. hopefully next year i can get my son on something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts