Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come out and bring the family for a free burger and learn more about the Wasatch Wigeon Association and what we are doing for wildfowl in Northern Utah and how you can help. We will have activities for kids and some good food. Check out our facebook page for more details. Hope to see you there!

Saturday June 27, 2015
Slaterville Park
250 North 2250 West
Marriot-Slaterville

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
They are good people doing good things. My son and i were oart of the nesting box project at ogden bay and it was a blast. I wish my present circumstances allowed us to be more involved.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Aren't you guys a former Delta chapter ???
Do we need another group?
Can't everyone just get along and be one group ?
Just my .02 cents no offense meant...........

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If I remember correctly they are a part of Delta, not a off shoot.

They do good for our local wetlands.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aren't you guys a former Delta chapter ???
Do we need another group?
Can't everyone just get along and be one group ?
Just my .02 cents no offense meant...........
No offense taken at all Lablover.
We were indeed a former chapter of Delta Waterfowl. We were with Delta for one year before asking the exact same questions you just asked. While we were preparing for our banquet Delta flew the district manager out to help us plan and put on the banquet. I advertised it here on the UWN and many people voiced concerns about where the money would be used and what Delta was planning for Utah. I asked these same questions at our meeting and he looked at me and said "as of right now,nothing". That didn't sit well with our group who had busted our humps for 3 months trying to get this banquet put on. We put on what we felt was a pretty successful banquet for being a new chapter and all. After we tallied up the money we made at the banquet and the very small amount that Delta left in our chapter to use for projects, we knew we had to do something different. We had promised Ogden Bay 50 wood duck boxes and mallard hen houses in the Spring and the money we had wouldn't cover 10. Thanks to donations and volunteers we were able to install the 50 earlier this year and many from the UWN came out to volunteer their time and services.
As for one big group of duck hunters helping each other out and being united, we are all for that. We hope to help all conservation minded groups in their efforts and we welcome all of the help we can get as well. Our main focus is Weber County and mostly Ogden Bay, Harold Crane and Howard Slough. So far we have so many projects that need to be done at these places that we are trying to schedule projects almost every week and there is enough stuff to be done that we couldn't get it all done in a few years time. There hasn't been much work done at Ogden Bay in many years. So far we have hauled out 7 truck and trailer loads of garbage and we are finally starting to make a dent in it.
Basically, we aren't looking to do anything but make our marshes cleaner and improving habitat for ducks all while recruiting new hunters to waterfowling.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Thanks for your work guys.

·
Administrator
21,399 Posts
Good job izzydog and crew.

Any pics from the BBQ?

Did you cook duck or goose?

Reactions: LostLouisianian
1 - 10 of 10 Posts