Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOJO1 and I went for a walkabout/hunt looking for open water around Howard Slough and Ogden Bay's Area 3. Didn't find any, but the dogs (Mojo and Blue) and us got a lot of fresh air and exercise. Afterwards we went to Area 1's north boat ramp off of 12th street to see about its condition. We went for a little walkabout following the river upstream and did not see much. I walked back to the truck and grabbed some of the trash that we had from the drive-thru from the morning. In the trash can/barrell there was 4 dead ducks. 2 drake canvasbacks, 1 drake golden-eye and another that we couldn't identify. See the attached pic.

What kind of "Douche Bag" would go out, kill, retrieve......then waste! This is one of the reasons that hunting gets a bad rap. I reported the incident to the Area 1 DWR officer. He said that it happens quite often. I hope that they catch the S.O.B.!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
that red one on top is a red head. I cant see the one with the orange feet very well.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Thats a nice red head there. Why would anybody toss those ducks right there. Yep I hope they catch the sob and dont let them hunt ducks any more.

·
Registered
60 Posts
That sucks!! Hope they catch the SOB or SOB's! :evil:

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Boy another bad rap for hunters, I'll just say what everyone else has said hope they catch the SOB's.

·
Registered
309 Posts
further proof that there is no shortage of $%$&*@ Idiots! In my ideal world, a redhead would never even allow itself to be SEEN by such barbarians!

·
Registered
376 Posts
i am supprised that you guys didn't find any more ducks out at howard slough. i went out there a couple weeks ago and my dog retreived 2 shovelers and a drake can from within about 10 yards from the dike. they were all on the ice too. i guess they were talking about closing howard slough down to hunting this year because of how bad it was. i did however go out there friday and go 2 mallards 2 cans and 3 goldeneyes.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Good job Duurty... thats a cool limit. About the cripples, a guy I played softball with said that there was a place you could go walk dikes and your dog would fetch you a limit of crips. I'm not sure if it was Howard Slough or Harold Crane... but it was one of the two. Too bad about the ducks in the trash, especially when some appear to be really good eating ducks. :?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Duurty1 said:
i am supprised that you guys didn't find any more ducks out at howard slough. i went out there a couple weeks ago and my dog retreived 2 shovelers and a drake can from within about 10 yards from the dike. they were all on the ice too. i guess they were talking about closing howard slough down to hunting this year because of how bad it was. i did however go out there friday and go 2 mallards 2 cans and 3 goldeneyes.
Glad to see that you scored on a few ducks.

We did not hit "Shotgun Alley". I refuse to partake in that bit of inbred stupidity. There was some shooting coming from that direction. Those freaks can have it! I hunted it a couple of times years ago and every time there was "drama". A lot of people that cripple, litter, fight over ducks they did not shoot, shoulder to shoulder retards and sky busters. I am not saying that everyone is like that, but I had my fill a while ago. I prefer to get away from the crowds and idiots and hunt the back ponds that connect Howard Slough and Area 3. Most of the retads are too lazy to walk that far back.

Normally this time of year there is a few areas that do not freeze where one pond fills into the other.....Not the case this year.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Mojo and me were back out there today, there were more ducks in the trash can, man, some people are just sorry as ****.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sad Dude, Frikken Sad! Just proves that who ever is doing this is habitual....if its the same person! How was your hunt? Did you take the boat out?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
It's all locked up, no more boats. Killed 2, nothing flying.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
adamb said:
so is the season done already?
Well I think I'll clean and put my gear away until next season, I have had a good year.

Most of the birds have headed for town or down south.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts