Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
I'm curious how many guys like the way the Northern goose zone is set up now, or do you want to see it changed to a split season like the rest of the state. I thought there were good comments made on both sides of the debate. This is a tough one for me to decide because I see where both sides are coming from. It would suck to be a landowner and have your fields full of geese when the season is closed, but the rest of the state is open to goose hunting. On the other hand the Northern zone gives average Joe hunters opportunity to still be able to hunt geese when the split occurs in the general season areas. I don't hunt the Northern zone a whole lot, but I do like to have options when the split comes into play in the general goose zone.:cool: What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Just go straight to 1:09:45.
Best comments of the meeting.
I just watched an older lady with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement anthropomorphising goose behavior and ranting about hunters hunting legally on public land. What was good about that?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I just watched an older lady with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement anthropomorphising goose behavior and ranting about hunters hunting legally on public land. What was good about that?
My thoughts exactly. Not sure where the OP was going with that one.

As far as the goose seasons go, I like it how it is. When the other goose seasons are closed, I hunt the northern zone. Then when late January comes, I stick to the urban zone. To me, the current structure = more opportunity, if you're willing to drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts