Utah Wildlife Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello everyone...
I just wanted to share this info with each of you on here. I was about as displeased as I could have been with how things went during the most recent board meeting. Without beating a dead horse too much, I will agree with what some have already mentioned in their posts. In my attempt to make sense of it all I decided to send Covy Jones a text. He is a friend of mine and is very down to earth guy. Knowing we would likely have a lengthy conversation, he called me right away. We spoke for about 45 minutes and I was left feeling a bit better about things. His background is Biology. He said "the biological part of my job is the easy. When you get into the social and political side of things it becomes far more complicated." I mentioned my frustrations and some of my concerns to him and he was a good sport to hear me out and reassure me that it's not all doom and gloom.

I asked him what could I do to have my voice be heard and to express my concerns. He said the very best way to approach this would be to send a letter/email to each member of the board, the Director of the Division and to the Chair of my Rack. He also mentioned it would be important to keep the message short, direct, concise and not be rude or condescending in nature. If we hope to improve or change how this system operates WE must tell them that we are not being represented properly. Offering other solutions and ideas is also a big part of change. Some of my ideas are probably not very good, but I'm confident that at least a couple of them could be.

If you feel the need to let "the powers that be" know how the decisions made on your behalf have or will impact you and those you care about, I would suggest doing the same. Sending the above listed individuals your thoughts and feelings about the board meeting. Whether we agree with it or not, this is the system that is in place and the only thing we can do at this point is let them know who we are and what we would like to see done differently. With enough public outcry, we simply will not be overlooked - or at least that is the hope. I still have hope that the system is not completely broken. While I still have a voice as a Sportsman, as a father and as a person that loves wildlife then I intend to use that voice to best protect what I love however I can.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello everyone...

I just wanted to share this info with each of you on here. I was about as displeased as I could have been with how things went during the most recent board meeting. Without beating a dead horse too much, I will agree with what some have already mentioned in their posts. In my attempt to make sense of it all I decided to send Covy Jones a text. He is a friend of mine and is very down to earth guy. Knowing we would likely have a lengthy conversation, he called me right away. We spoke for about 45 minutes and I was left feeling a bit better about things. His background is Biology. He said "the biological part of my job is the easy. When you get into the social and political side of things it becomes far more complicated." I mentioned my frustrations and some of my concerns to him and he was a good sport to hear me out and reassure me that it's not all doom and gloom.

I asked him what could I do to have my voice be heard and to express my concerns. He said the very best way to approach this would be to send a letter/email to each member of the board, the Director of the Division and to the Chair of my Rack. He also mentioned it would be important to keep the message short, direct, concise and not be rude or condescending in nature. If we hope to improve or change how this system operates WE must tell them that we are not being represented properly. Offering other solutions and ideas is also a big part of change. Some of my ideas are probably not very good, but I'm confident that at least a couple of them could be.

If you feel the need to let "the powers that be" know how the decisions made on your behalf have or will impact you and those you care about, I would suggest doing the same. Sending the above listed individuals your thoughts and feelings about the board meeting. Whether we agree with it or not, this is the system that is in place and the only thing we can do at this point is let them know who we are and what we would like to see done differently. With enough public outcry, we simply will not be overlooked - or at least that is the hope. I still have hope that the system is not completely broken. While I still have a voice as a Sportsman, as a father and as a person that loves wildlife then I intend to use that voice to best protect what I love however I can.
Good insight and well said, Bryce.

In addition, reach out to your local state representatives as well. Those are the folks that have the ear of the governor himself. We all could be doing more and these suggestions are a good start.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts