Utah Wildlife Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,511 Posts
Yep, same guy.

I went back and watched a lot of the meeting starting with the variance request at about 4:05 of the video right after the lunch break and came up with a few of the highlights of the request denial. The hunter was in Utah in August when he picked up his tag in Springville. The buck that he was after disappeared for a month from September until October 12 when it was seen on a trail camera by a guide, on October they saw the same buck with broken antlers. The hunter submitted his request for the variance on 11/3. He was in Utah and stayed in the bunkhouse on the outfitters property for 3 days in September when no one knew where the buck was located at but a number of guides were trying to find him. According to his attorney the hunter never step foot onto the unit, but did go hunting in Mexico during September.

I'm glad that they told him to go pound sand.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yep, same guy.

I went back and watched a lot of the meeting starting with the variance request at about 4:05 of the video right after the lunch break and came up with a few of the highlights of the request denial. The hunter was in Utah in August when he picked up his tag in Springville. The buck that he was after disappeared for a month from September until October 12 when it was seen on a trail camera by a guide, on October they saw the same buck with broken antlers. The hunter submitted his request for the variance on 11/3. He was in Utah and stayed in the bunkhouse on the outfitters property for 3 days in September when no one knew where the buck was located at but a number of guides were trying to find him. According to his attorney the hunter never step foot onto the unit, but did go hunting in Mexico during September.

I'm glad that they told him to go pound sand.
Are you sure he didn't fly in October after they found him on trail cam and that he left after they found the buck broken up?
Either way voting no was the correct position on the variance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Are you sure he didn't fly in October after they found him on trail cam and that he left after they found the buck broken up?
Either way voting no was the correct position on the variance.
Yes, it was documented that he was here for three days in early September and didn't come back. He would've probably had the variance if he didn't wait so long to turn the tag in. If he turned it in after he was here for a few days, its granted in my eyes.

·
Registered
550 Posts

This that same guy?
Hey that's pretty funny because bryon kept saying he didn't even hunt in california. Yeah because he couldn't for 5 years! Lol no wonder he's such good friends with wade lemon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Except for buck permits on the Manti they are the same as what was recommended in the RAC packet. I didn't watch the OIL as I don't really care about those.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts