Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one of these? Specifically I want to know how soft the recoil pad is on these. Beautiful rifles, I'm trying to talk my wife into selling her M700 SS/Composite 30-06 and getting a Sporter in 7mm08 or 270. Just looking for a light recoiling deer rifle with a bit more "Oomph" at ranges beyond what her 243 delivers (+250 yards).

http://www.weatherby.com/vanguard-sporter.html

-DallanC

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
How would you like the softness measured?

I have the standard Vangard in .25-06 and with moderate finger pressure I can push the recoil pad in about 1/8-1./4" in the center of the pad. From shooting it I really don't feel the recoil that much, but then I am used to my .340 Weatherby mag.

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've got guns that the rubber is so hard it has no absorption. Alright, sounds like its fairly squishy... lol. I'll hit up Gunnies and see if they have one I can get my fingerprints on, even say howdy to Loke.

-DallanC

·
Super Moderator
9,612 Posts
Never hurts to get your hands on one to actually check it out.

Look out, you may fall in love with it.

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have all 3 calibers, her '06 bucks worse than my 7STW. Could just be stock design and fitment, but it rocks pretty hard compared to other calibers. My 270 has a super soft recoil pad on it and its fun to shoot.

-DallanC

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
We've got lots of guns with squishy pads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts