Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother and I hit the Weber today near Taggart. River is low but there are still plenty of nice holes to be fished. Saw lots of browns and whiteys racin around and we managed to hook into a couple browns, one tiger trout, and a couple whitefish. Here is the biggest brown of the day caught by my bro:

And here is an example of the size most the other browns were:

No pics of the whitefish, and the tiger was just a small guy. All were caught on a bead headed prince nymph and released. I might try to knock off work a little early tomorrow and head back up there, any suggestions on what other flies are working good there?

·
Registered
385 Posts
nice river brown. it is nice you were able to get out and fish this entire weekend. good job.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
You know that I think you are dirty dog for getting to fish while I have to work! Good job on hitting some moving water and getting into some fish! You need to tangle with one of those big whitefish and get you heart pumping. Glad to see that you and your bro got into some fish!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Orv I told you to ditch stupid work and come! :wink: It was good to get out and hit a river, most my fly fishin comes from stillwater. I tried a glo bug for a while, but didnt have any hits on it. Is it too late for those, or what colors work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts