Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Weber up near Riverdale, right behind the WalMart basically. Didnt feel like driving far and that sounded like a good close place to explore. Ended up catchin four dinks. 3 browns and one way pretty tiger. Nothin picture worthy except the tiger and I took a pic of him cuz I liked his colors. I thought there would be bigger ones cruisin around there but we just couldnt seem to find em today.

Nothin to brag about but still fun to catch some fish. All were caught on a copper john and released to swim another day. One of these days I wanna hike and fish all the way up there, near the golf course. Anybody had luck around there?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad you caught a few, I live in Riverdale and have never fished that area, mostly because I have heard that the population down river of the mouth of Weber canyon wasn't very high. I'd like to explore that area too somtime, hit me up next time you go!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Awesome! I don't know if I've ever seen a pic of a tiger from the Weber. Good job.

...And a lot of people were wondering if they really were in there. Working town stretches of river can prove very worthwhile from time to time.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya his colors were way sweet, I cant wait till they get bigger in there! Than that will be really cool to catch em. Now that you mentioned it Nibble, he does look like a frog. Cane Ill keep you in mind, im plannin on tryin to get back there this week sometime, possibly Thanksgiving morning or the day after. Theres some nice holes there, and I have heard good things of further up...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice job on some fish! And that is one nice looking Tiger. Plus, talk about saving on gas money!!! Dang, maybe I should start hitting the Jordan River. Also, I say go for that big hike and see what you can see. I bet you can hook into some big ones, because I doubt anyone takes the time to fish those waters.

And as a side note, go Colts!!! We barely squeezed out a win, but I'll take it. :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya J-bass im shootin for the hike sometime this weekend, do some explorin further up. Hopefully get some bruisers. And go Colts! Except Vinatieri is freakin shankin em left and right nowadays, they booed him off the field when he missed those first two, but then he hit the game winner.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ya, but it wouldn't have been a game winner if he had hit the first two. And Manning has thrown only 2 touchdown and 7 picks the last two games. WTF??? I not worried yet, but if they struggle on Thursday, I'll start.

Good luck on the hike too. Hope you hook into a biggun.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, but it wouldn't have been a game winner if he had hit the first two.
Agreed.

Manning is in a slump, he should bounce out sooner or later. And if they lose to the Falcons ill worry with ya.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't think there's anyway that they'll lose, but even if they play like crap and win, I'll still be worried. Frankly, I've never seen Manning like this. I wonder if it's because Marvin is out and may not be coming back? Whatever it is, I hope he gets over it soon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
By the way, we keep totally hijacking each others posts to talk about the Colts. Not that I mind, I just think it's funny! :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya it could be Harrison missing. Plus Ugoh was out the past game and I think it was Diem who got hurt this past weekend, missing members of your line probably makes you rush stuff a bit more, worryin about sacks and all. I think its was funny we hijack our posts, I like talkin football with people.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Since the thread has officially been hijacked I will add in my thoughts. I need the colts to get healthy because I think they are the only ones in the AFC that can beat the patriots. As a cowboys fan I would much rather see the boys play the colts instead of the patriots. So for the rest of the year I will root with you guys for the colts! If it is a colts vrs boys superbowl I think a big superbowl party is in order!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Shoot, if it's the Dolphins vs the Raiders in the worlds biggest fluke Superbowl, I still think a big party is in order, just for the **** sake of a party!!! But it would be cooler if anyone actually cared about the teams. GO COLTS!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts