Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I ran out to the marsh to have a look around this afternoon. Found a spot holding a few birds -

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Man, what I wouldn't do for an air boat ride out on the GSL, like N. of Harold Crane in some of those sunken blinds this time of year. It's got to be great. Oh well, Sparky and I can't complain about jump shooting and stuff. :D To be honest, it's probably not my thing as long as this old foot soldier can put one foot in front of another with the Sparkinator. :wink: Jump shooting is sooooooooo much fun. I bet it would be great shooting though. :)
Leaky

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey spooner, wheres all those smiling mallards??? :D after talking with you last night i think i'm either doing an all dayer at fb or the big salt lake out west. i forgot to ask did the ducks fly better towards evening? thanks buddy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Riverrat – there are noticeably fewer birds out on the lake.

Leaky – I’ll have to try to get you out on a ride. PM me next season early on. This season, I did not do well out on the Spur. Since it was dry all summer, there just was no food out there to hold the birds . (that’s my theory anyway :? )

Tealboy – we hunted from 2:30 – 4:30. Sad thing is, I want to get a nice drake shoveler. I’ve been trying for that perfect bird for a couple of years to get mounted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts