Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my last final of the semester and my wife informed me that I could have Wednesday to go do what ever I want. That is her coded way of saying "you can go fishing".

The only problem is I have no idea where to go. I was really getting into still water for the first time but most of it's frozen. I've never really fished streams or rivers this time of year. Does it differ much from lure fishing in the summer? I was thinking the water temp might make the fish a little lethargic and less likely to take a lure.

Any advice from the experienced?

Anybody going ice fishing wed. that wants to take a wanna be "ice hole" along?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Deer Creek is still open. Just be careful...It's HUNGRY for human flesh (and cheap nets). :lol: :?

I'm pretty sure the ladders will still be open, too. Have fun driving to them, but that's where I'd go if I could.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Ah, hit the ice, you just might like it. Scofield had plenty of ice now. If you hit DC, be careful, those snow covered rocks are deceptive.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to hit the ice. I've never done it before and have no idea what to do. Hence my pathetic and needy plead for some ice hole to take me along.

please... someone... :cry:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Hit the rivers.... you just have to convince the fish they're hungry. It can be done.... but man, whether you're on the ice or on the river, take some handwarmers. I hate catching a fish and then waiting ten minutes for my newly grown claws to thaw out. :?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Riverrat77 said:
Hit the rivers.... you just have to convince the fish they're hungry. It can be done.... but man, whether you're on the ice or on the river, take some handwarmers. I hate catching a fish and then waiting ten minutes for my newly grown claws to thaw out. :?
+1 on the handwarmers :lol:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Most of the rivers right now are experiencing the tail end of the brown spawn, so you might still do well with egg patterns. It is extremely cold though. I just fished the Logan this morning and got snowed on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts