Utah Wildlife Forum banner

4241 - 4260 of 4402 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
A lot less cards are going to get hit on May 14th based upon what I listened to in the Mule Deer Working Group today.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
A lot less cards are going to get hit on May 14th based upon what I listened to in the Mule Deer Working Group today.
****. I meant to listen in but got busy. Can you fill us in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
I was really off and on throughout the morning as I was working on some projects. But there seems to be a lot of areas hurting and a call for a lot less tags in some places.

·
Registered
669 Posts
many ideas on what places?
If you look at the proposed general deer tags this year, that’ll probably be what’s approved. There might be a few tweaks here and there, but for the most part I think the tag numbers for now will stay the same they way they are. They broke down each unit and discussed what’s going on with them. You could tell by the length of the discussion per unit, on which ones were really having issues and which ones were about par for the course. The breezed over a few, went into detail on others. The ones discussed that I frequent seemed to match with what I have been seeing. Although I still can’t figure out where all those deer on the Nebo are hiding that they claim exist, the buck to doe ratios are about what they are claiming.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The 13th feels a little optimistic. I'd expect to see things starting to happen the week of the 17th, maybe closer to the 24th even.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
They started hitting cards Tuesday afternoon on the 12th last year, mine got hit early on the 13th. Very possible anytime after the WB board meeting and permit numbers have been finalized.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Card hits no later than May 14th. Could be as early as the 12th.

Of course, it could also be the 11th or the 15th too.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
I'm an idiot and accidently unchecked the email box on my app... /sigh. So I'll have to wait for the points to get updated to really know what I drew.

/shakesfist

-DallanC

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
It won't be long before the "weeks" until card hits become "days" until card hits...

Yes, I know that technically there are always "days" to go. Shut up johnnycake!

4241 - 4260 of 4402 Posts