Utah Wildlife Forum banner
5021 - 5040 of 5099 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I'm right there with ya. Think I have 5 cow elk points this year.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
I get it with vanilla, he loves points but, you boys need to broaden your horizons. I have 2 points and it’s too many for my tag this year. I sat out for my wife’s tag last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I got my email and the wife's email this afternoon. Mostly unsuccessful as I had assumed. The kid, however, is one lucky turd. He'll be bouncing all over the place when I tell him tonight.
Font Terrestrial plant Magenta Circle Electric blue

The plan is to have a good fun hunt and ideally harvest any bull he so chooses. But I sure would love for him to have some close encounters with talkative elk first.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Congrats, APD! I'm not too upset about my plight. The OTC archery elk hunt is the main event as far as I'm concerned! My wife also got a big Cleveland Steamer from the draw Gods but we are thinking about getting her a muzz elk tag and staying in the new wall tent we bought at the expo. Cozy fires and good food at night will make it a fun hunt whether we find elk or not. I also have a metric butt ton of doe pronghorn points that should draw me a tag, but who even knows anymore? If I draw that I will probably block out several days to go stay on the Dutton chasing them with a recurve to give those ham and eggers a fighting chance. If I'm still empty handed at the end I will pull out the AR and turn it into a squash match. And lets not forget the Idaho bear tag thats good til the end of October!

5021 - 5040 of 5099 Posts