Utah Wildlife Forum banner
5061 - 5080 of 5100 Posts

·
Administrator
10,907 Posts
So since I drew my LE elk tag is this where I demand that you all disclose your honey holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, you have to start a new thread for that. With the explanation that you are just trying to put meat on the table along with how poor you are.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
No, you have to start a new thread for that. With the explanation that you are just trying to put meat on the table along with how poor you are.
Don’t forget to play the kid card somehow in that sad story about how you need someone’s locations to hard earned spots. You could also go for the trifecta and throw in a disability or illness in there as well. That seems to really get people feeling generous

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I have applied for a cow permit every one of those 5 years. I have not been hoarding points.

In fact, I apply for 6 people and all of us now have 5 cow elk points. They drastically cut tags in the southern portion of the Manti and it immediately caused people to start building points.

We now hunt up on the northern portion and should be able to draw no problem.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Both my daughters drew a general deer tag. But not me 🙁. Good thing I have 5 bonus points for cow elk this year!
I'm sitting here with 5 cow points too. Im starting to wonder how many other guys are sitting on 5 points. I figured i might be on the high end of the pool, but maybe not. Just waiting for the anterless draw to open. For everything else this year I just bought a point.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm sitting here with 5 cow points too. Im starting to wonder how many other guys are sitting on 5 points. I figured i might be on the high end of the pool, but maybe not. Just waiting for the anterless draw to open. For everything else this year I just bought a point.
I've got 4 so all you guys with 5 figure out what unit and hunt season you're putting in for so I can apply for the other ones and draw.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Confirmed. Wasatch Moose.

Alright stick flippers and frontstuffers... keep an eye out for swamp donkeys, I'll give you some good steaks if we harvest one you stumble across :)

-DallanC
Right on! We recently bought a property on the wasatch and will be spending most the summer and fall weekends up there. I’ll keep my head on a swivel and be in touch with you on what I see.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Confirmed. Wasatch Moose.

Alright stick flippers and frontstuffers... keep an eye out for swamp donkeys, I'll give you some good steaks if we harvest one you stumble across :)

-DallanC
Congrats Dallan!
I just got home from fishing Powell for four days with no cell service.
Thinking about this years draw each night was driving me nuts.
My wife and son have both received ‘loser’ emails.
I put in for Moose and have not heard yet.
Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Congrats Dallan!
I just got home from fishing Powell for four days with no cell service.
Thinking about this years draw each night was driving me nuts.
My wife and son have both received ‘loser’ emails.
I put in for Moose and have not heard yet.
Fingers crossed!
Check your junk mail folder. My dad's email ended up there.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Yes 8 is plenty. I have 7. The biggest challenge for me is finding time to hunt it. The hunt dates always conflict with other hunts I have going that mean much more to me than a doe pronghorn hunt. I’m currently kicking around the idea of burning em on something but I have a dedicated deer tag that will potentially be a 3 month season so I probably won’t hunt this year and have 8 next year for my final year of dedicated.

So, I will likely have 9 points before I really want to hunt a doe.

I would agree with vanilla that the antlerless pronghorn draw is a quagmire. Takes at least 5 points for a decent chance at most if not all of the hunts.

Just stop donating that $10 Jake. You are far ahead of the curve with 7 points that you can draw about any tag you want. Plenty of doe hunts going for 5 points. If you hunted that CWMU I told you to hunt last year, you could hunt the morning and be home by 1pm with steaks in tow! Not a big time commitment.

We (wife, son, and I) didn't draw any tags, but that's OK this fall. My son and I may just do any bull and call it good, or there's always the possibility of heading back to OK for ******'s. Haven't made my mind up yet, and there's always a chance for speed goats in WY too. I havn't drawn in 2 years for does so it has to be my turn, right?

Oh yeah, and I have 4 points for cow elk. Hopefully, the odds say true for our chosen hunt and we don't pull a "Vanilla" or "Kinekilla".

Dallan - good luck on the moose. We had some moose straps a couple days ago from my friend's moose last fall, and I do believe I could get really use to it. Johnnycake makes me jealous!!!

Edit: the filter on this site is cracking me up. Used a nickname for whitetails above, and apparently the site thinks I'm throwing out a racially- charged epithet. What has happened to our country that everything is offensive to someone?

5061 - 5080 of 5100 Posts