Utah Wildlife Forum banner
5181 - 5200 of 5240 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
For those of you that have pulled cow elk tags this year, does your points bank still show you have points or does that take awhile for the DWR to amend?
Can you sense my anxiety?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Got two duplicate emails for my son...looks like he'll have 4 tags this fall - two doe deer and two cow permits. 😉

Haven't received emails for myself. The only question is whether I drew that coveted ewe tag on the Newfies. I seriously doubt it!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
For those of you that have pulled cow elk tags this year, does your points bank still show you have points or does that take awhile for the DWR to amend?
Can you sense my anxiety?
My son's points are still showimg for both deer and elk, so it doesn't look like they've updated things yet.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I got my daughters email. She wiffed on doe deer. I thought as a youth she was in good shape with a couple points but notta.

Reactions: Wire

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I just received word that I drew an antlerless elk tag. :)

With an Alaska halibut and salmon excursion in a month in addition to a cow tag, I really ought to start making more room in said freezer…
I know someone who can help take some of that fish off your hands........................................................

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
I’m happy I get to fill the freezer. I also really like hunting cow elk for some reason. With an Alaska halibut and salmon excursion in a month in addition to a cow tag, I really ought to start making more room in said freezer…
In a month? So targeting kings? I just read today Alaska closed the Kenai due to not enough kings coming in. It might be a rough year for them.

We'll be up in August, hitting the end of the Halibut season and hoping for early Silvers. Halibut seems to finishing earlier each year, and the Coho seem to be coming in later and later. Hard to pick a good time to be there.

-DallanC

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got the charge for an elk tag but no email at this point. I, like every other person on here had 4 doe points and didn't draw. I am interested to look at those doe odds but more than happy to have a cow tag. It's in an area I haven't hunted much and I'm excited to spend some time learning the area. Should be a fun fall/winter

5181 - 5200 of 5240 Posts