·
Registered
4,916 Posts

·
Administrator
21,629 Posts
There's a surprise. :)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

God bless the oil and gas industry and all the federal, state, and local conservation agencies that kowtow to them.

·
1,682 Posts
This could be real bad for Wyoming.

Wyoming is #1 in Coal Production, double the next closest state.

Wyoming is #1 in Trona Production (Biggest deposit in the world)

Wyoming is #2 in Natural Gas Production

Wyoming is #7 in Oil Production

Glass, Power, Heating, and Oil would all go up.

Nevada is #1 in Gold and there is not even another state that is close. They would be hit hard.

These places would turn into a ghost town depending on how strict the regulations are if the endangered species designation is given.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Big game forever considers this a loss? How big of a joke can these guys become, last time I checked I have access to all these lands they say Washington is keeping us from. The fools are the people who support these cronies:

Big Game Forever Supporters,

Today, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced that Greater Sage-grouse will not be added to the Endangered Species List as either an endangered or threatened species.We are grateful for your efforts to ensure this species and the 165,000,000 acres of its habitat across the West remains under state wildlife management authority. Unfortunately we are not out of the woods yet.

There are several problems with today's announcement:

•First, this decision only lasts for a period of 5 years.
•Second, the Bureau of Land Management and U.S. Forest Service are moving forward with new heavy-handed restrictions on millions of acres of public land across the West.
•Third, there is nothing to stop the floodgate of litigation by groups who are opposed to the use of public land by sportsmen, livestock, outdoor recreation and many other uses.

Don't be fooled by Washington; today's action is about regulation, not conservation.

Congress is currently working to protect our access to and use of these lands by a provision in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). This provision protects critical state management programs for Greater Sage-Grouse, stops the endless lawsuits and provides additional time to ensure any new BLM or Forest Service plans protect the needs of local communities who are investing the most in Sage-Grouse conservation.

In the coming weeks we will need your help. Watch for future action alerts and additional information from Big Game Forever. Your support of these common-sense solutions that protect the rights of sportsmen to hunt and fish on public lands in America makes all the difference.

Thank you for your support.

Ryan Benson
I mean honestly, if there weren't enough reason to get these guys and their buddies out of our expo and welcome RMEF with wide open arms its when they can come up with things as stupid as this^ Guess its hard to call a win a win, when your just jumping to the next issue for more tax money to lobby. I'm sure Utah will help them out with some of our tax money.

Reactions: The Naturalist

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
And then their's this guy named Rob Bishop who's an even bigger joke:

"Do not be fooled. The announcement not to list the sage grouse is a cynical ploy," said Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah. "With the stroke of a pen, the Obama Administration's oppressive land management plan is the same as a listing. Now, successful conservation done at the state level will be in vain. The new command and control federal plan will not help the bird, but it will control the West, which is the real goal of the Obama Administration."

Reactions: The Naturalist

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
And then their's this guy named Rob Bishop who's an even bigger joke:
Bishop likes to talk conservation and collaboration, but when it actually happens, his true colors come out! He has NEVER been about conservation, only development and real estate. His friends in the State Legislature will probably name a highway after him someday....I hope it's a road to a sewer plant because he is full of ____. (sorry)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
It's human nature to speculate one way or the other...

Be interesting to see what direction this really goes - it affects many western states (even the ones not shown on the map above).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts